Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   New Characters/Costumes (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=205556)

Archived Post 03-05-2011 12:45 PM

New Characters/Costumes
 
I think it would be great if we could play as some of the characters in the star trek shows or movies and have the characters identical to the actual characters in the shows. Or even bridge officers identical to the ones in the shows...men and women.
TOS: Kirk, Spock, Checkov, Sulu, Scotty, McCoy, Yeomon Rand, Helen Noel, Nurse Chapel,
TNG: Picard, Worf, data, Reiker, Wesley, Beverly, Troi,

Archived Post 03-05-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budzilla10920 (Post 3409582)
I think it would be great if we could play as some of the characters in the star trek shows or movies and have the characters identical to the actual characters in the shows. Or even bridge officers identical to the ones in the shows...men and women.
TOS: Kirk, Spock, Checkov, Sulu, Scotty, McCoy, Yeomon Rand, Helen Noel, Nurse Chapel,
TNG: Picard, Worf, data, Reiker, Wesley, Beverly, Troi,

There is a major problem there. Speaking as a Graduate-Level Accounting Student, it would cost cryptic a lot of money in order to do as you suggest. Therefore, it's not very likely to be done.

Archived Post 03-05-2011 06:02 PM

Right, they'd have to pay each and every actor to use their likenesses.
And the studio that owns the franchise for the rights to use the characters.

And even if they didn't, I personally wouldnt' ever want to see any of those characters as anything other than NPCs. And as sparingly as possible. Afterall, it's 2409, Picard would've been fitted with his first geriatric walker by now, if he hasn't already been buried with it. :D

Archived Post 03-06-2011 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reave (Post 3410352)
Right, they'd have to pay each and every actor to use their likenesses.
And the studio that owns the franchise for the rights to use the characters.

And even if they didn't, I personally wouldnt' ever want to see any of those characters as anything other than NPCs. And as sparingly as possible. Afterall, it's 2409, Picard would've been fitted with his first geriatric walker by now, if he hasn't already been buried with it. :D

While I agree with all of the above , Picard (and Kirk) could actually appear in game as younger versions.
Remember Guinan being in the Nexus still in "Generations"? She couldn't come back to help Picard because there was already a version of her "here". Kirk certainly doesn't have that problem (I never thought it would have been Prime universe Kirk helping Picard anyways.....the Nexus had him do nothing for like 60 years? No, but a copy of Kirk when he first entered would be willing to help with some convincing). Picard just needs to pass away, then a nexus version could appear, at the age he was in Generations.

let the voice-overs begin!



O.K., I don't really want either.....but it would be possible. And yes, any major charactor should be an NPC.

Archived Post 03-06-2011 05:43 AM

I suspect that given enough time one could create anybody from the show with the tools available. Personally I don't want to see Cryptic make them and have them playable. It would be ridiculous to see 20 different Kirks everywhere I looked, lol.

Archived Post 03-06-2011 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveHale (Post 3411316)
I suspect that given enough time one could create anybody from the show with the tools available. Personally I don't want to see Cryptic make them and have them playable. It would be ridiculous to see 20 different Kirks everywhere I looked, lol.

But we need more Captains for all the Enterprize E's running around!

In seriousness, the second poster is right, you won't see anything close to that unless the actors slip up and agree to use their likenesses for free.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:31 PM.