Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Massively's STO Community Guide (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=205956)

Archived Post 03-07-2011 02:10 PM

Massively's STO Community Guide
 

Check out the latest edition of Captain's Log for a handy guide to exploring Star Trek Online's community.


Link to the news article.

Archived Post 03-07-2011 02:30 PM

Nice collection of STO-related sites. Thanks, Rekhan (and Massively, of course)!

I was going to say I wish they would list the Starbase UGC sites, along with the Wiki ones, but I see they're listed on the STOPortal site (which, I must say, I had never visited before; that's one darn handy site!).

Thanks for the links!

Archived Post 03-07-2011 03:11 PM

Kind of a selective and incomplete list. At least stoportal will direct folks to all of the fansites and other podcasts.

Archived Post 03-07-2011 03:21 PM

Wow...

umm where's Red Shirt Army podcast among others.

Also what about the internet radio stations? Trek Radio, SubSpace Radio are the two primary ones, with a couple of others trying to get started. (Blade Radio, Dragon Radio, etc...).

Archived Post 03-07-2011 03:37 PM

STOwiki is missing. Bad call one Massively's side.

IMO it's one of the most useful and promising community sites.

Archived Post 03-07-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirkfat (Post 3414741)
Kind of a selective and incomplete list. At least stoportal will direct folks to all of the fansites and other podcasts.

If you have any sites you would like to see added, please send them to brandon@massively.com and I will have the editors review to ensure we can put it up :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tone-Loc (Post 3414791)
Wow...

umm where's Red Shirt Army podcast among others.

Also what about the internet radio stations? Trek Radio, SubSpace Radio are the two primary ones, with a couple of others trying to get started. (Blade Radio, Dragon Radio, etc...).

I was actually waiting on this because sometimes RSA's content is sometimes NSFW. I'm going to try and get further clarification because in all honesty, I would like to see that page go on for miles! :D

Archived Post 03-07-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backyardserenade (Post 3414853)
STOwiki is missing. Bad call one Massively's side.

IMO it's one of the most useful and promising community sites.

DOH!!!! That is totally my bad. Will get that up by Friday, for sure!

Again, like the article says: 1) if you have any sites you want to see added, email 2) it will be ever-evolving

Again, I want that page to become HUGE :cool:

Archived Post 03-07-2011 03:51 PM

Good to know that you read along. And that you will add the wiki. :)

Thanks for the quick reply!

Archived Post 03-07-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backyardserenade (Post 3414911)
Good to know that you read along. And that you will add the wiki. :)

Thanks for the quick reply!

You got it! It's the community guide so it needs to have everything it can ;)

Archived Post 03-08-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfelczer (Post 3414858)
I was actually waiting on this because sometimes RSA's content is sometimes NSFW. I'm going to try and get further clarification because in all honesty, I would like to see that page go on for miles! :D


Ahhhh, a fair point for sure.

RSA's podcast is now pretty much just a recording of their live Sunday night show they do on TrekRadio, and that happens before the mature content hours begin. So, the NSFW issues should be pretty much cleaned up now.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:38 PM.