Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Pet/Spam in Space (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=205963)

Archived Post 03-07-2011 01:56 PM

Pet/Spam in Space

Greetings all,

We've been reading your threads and understand your concern with object spam in space. There has been a disconnect in that regard with our recent rewards, which we are addressing going forward with an improved item creation policy. To fix the current situation, we are going to be reviewing the entire collection of abilities that allow for additional objects to be spawned and adjust numbers accordingly to minimize their impact while still providing for their intended game mechanic.

As an aside, items that have a significant impact on PvP (such as the Cloaking Tractor Mines) will also receive a balance pass for their individual potency.

Thanks for your patience,
-snix

Archived Post 03-07-2011 01:57 PM

Thanks for the update :)

Archived Post 03-07-2011 02:08 PM

Scorpion fighters and tractor mines are fine... for PvE. Just disable them on PvP maps. We know you have the tech.

Archived Post 03-07-2011 02:08 PM

Thank you.

Archived Post 03-07-2011 02:10 PM

Thank you very much for your response. A little bit of validation goes a long way.

Archived Post 03-07-2011 02:11 PM

Good to hear this is being examined.

Archived Post 03-07-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hurleybird (Post 3414729)
Scorpion fighters and tractor mines are fine... for PvE. Just disable them on PvP maps. We know you have the tech.

I think this is the best idea. Everyone can eat their cake and have it too.

Archived Post 03-07-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snix (Post 3414690)
I appreciate and share your concern. I was playing for several hours over the weekend and have already spoken with the design team and Dan to address the issues.

I've posted in the PvP forum and will continue to make updates as solutions are determined.

Thanks,
-snix

This is the Response I got From Snix after sending him a message inviting him to the ESD even this coming weekend. If anyone was wondering here is my message to Snix in its entirety.

Quote:

To:snix
Subject: The PvP Community invites you to an event in honor of how mad we are
--------------------
Dear Mr. Snix

I would like to Invite you, and if possible Mr. Stahl to an event that is taking place this Saturday March 12. It will be an all day affair and it will involve the PvP community. We ask that you are present so that we can address our concerns on the current state of PvP and ideas and suggestions to fix these issues. Your presence along with Mr. Stahl's would go a long way to smooth over the feelings that the PvP community is ignored and not an important part of this game. This event is happening at ESD with maybe some shuttle craft PvP interspersed throughout the day. Please consider coming to the event and having an open and candid dialogue with many who value PvP.

Thanks

Question. Why cant you do as Guild Wars does and have seperate versions of the skill ? One for pve and pvp?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grox (Post 3414742)
I think this is the best idea. Everyone can eat their cake and have it too.

But I want you to eat my mine cake... in PVP. :p