Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Plato's Grandchildren by raptorwalker (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=206226)

Archived Post 03-08-2011 09:30 PM

Plato's Grandchildren by raptorwalker

Greetings folks! I would like to introduce my first Foundry mission: Plato's Grandchildren.

Studying history has always prevented the repeat of bad ideas... As long as the student had the wisdom to recognize them. Some may not be that fortunate.

Faction: Starfleet
Recommended number of players: 1
Recommended player level: Any

This is my first mission, so I don't expect an Oscar. Please let me know how things turn out. :D

Archived Post 03-09-2011 04:52 AM

Congratulations you have me intrigued, But before I run of and player it, may I post my review in this thread.

Archived Post 03-09-2011 07:48 AM

By all means, please do! I will be prepared to disavow everything you say.

I mean pay close attention to the critique. :p

Archived Post 03-24-2011 11:56 PM

Bump!

So, has anyone seen/played/scoffed at this mission yet?

Please post your comments and/or suggestions below. I've got a few more ideas and would like to see how this one turned out.

Archived Post 03-25-2011 04:26 AM

The details of your story sound oddly like 90% of other Foundry Missions. Take a look at their details and you'll see that. The whole 'random mission turns into anything but', but your title does sound interesting.

I would put a put more of a catch to your details, even without giving away too much of the plot.

If I get a chance sometime today though, I'll give it a run-thru. Maybe when the server is back up.

The best way to get people to try out your missions though is to play one of theirs as well- like a mission exchange. Or just do a trailer!

Archived Post 03-25-2011 06:00 AM

To be fair, it's 90% of Star Trek episodes.

I think it's part of what Star Trek is all about.

Archived Post 03-25-2011 06:23 AM

That's true for sure, Patarival, but their previews always did give a bit away of the plot so that people could know what the unique aspect of the episode would be.

-------------------------------------------------
Well, played your mission and liked it.
I'll put a few things you could tweek below, nothing major at all.
1. Put in the starting point into your mission objective. A lot of people read quickly and sometimes don't remember where they're supposed to go. Just put in Veela System in whatever sectorit was.
2. Dialogue told me a group of ship were attacking but I only got one ship. There would only be more if more than one person was playing. Maybe tweek the dialogue on that.
3. It would be nice to actually fly to the planet, or get closer to it before transporting there.
I'll black out theis next one to not have any spoilers.
4. The ending was anticlimactic. Even just having to defend the guy after learning the truth would be good. Or just fighting him strong after taking the last dose. Something. It kinda just felt a little flat.
Thats pretty much it. Again liked it!

Archived Post 03-25-2011 09:15 AM

Of course. Writing a good mission description that doesn't spoiler anything or doesn't ruin any surprises ist really quite hard if you do not intend to create a straight forward mission.

But then again, a trailer does that, too. :)

Archived Post 03-26-2011 12:20 AM

Meh, never have been able to get software that can do that.

I'll edit the above description a bit, see if I can make it a little more enticing.