Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Video Tutorial: Fun with Triggers, part 4 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=206265)

Archived Post 03-09-2011 07:52 AM

Video Tutorial: Fun with Triggers, part 4
 
Here is part 4 of the triggers series. Please leave feedback!

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/sto...iggers-part-4/

For a full list of other tutorials, see:

http://starbaseugc.com/wiki/index.php/Tutorials

Archived Post 03-09-2011 07:05 PM

The number of dots is tied to how many players are on your team. A larger team will have more dots.

Archived Post 03-10-2011 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leviathan99
The number of dots is tied to how many players are on your team. A larger team will have more dots.

Are you sure, Lev? Because if I put in Klingons with five dots, then five Klingons show. But If I put the Borg battleship in, one ship shows. It also seems like only one of those dots is the battleship too.

Archived Post 03-10-2011 08:37 AM

I think its based on your level actually. When you look at the Battleship option for any group, it scales from one battleship to a battleship plus cruisers and such, depending on your level and perhaps the slider difficulty setting.
The only problem is that it doesn't tell you which will be the main battleship so that you can name it specifically, like as a boss.

Archived Post 03-10-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirkfat (Post 3422041)
Are you sure, Lev? Because if I put in Klingons with five dots, then five Klingons show. But If I put the Borg battleship in, one ship shows. It also seems like only one of those dots is the battleship too.

That's because you get BOs to make up for missing players on the ground but not in space.

Archived Post 03-10-2011 08:48 AM

Kirkfat your tutorials rock. Thanks you for taking the time to do them. The only 2 I have suggested is one for enemy strength advsutment. (stupid swordmasters) and multiple respawn points in game progress.

Again thanks for the vids!

Archived Post 03-10-2011 09:19 AM

Incidentally, can you still adjust positioning of individual enemies? Because I'd probably move the adds for that Borg encounter to spawn somewhere else.

Archived Post 03-10-2011 11:39 AM

If I remember it correctly, the NPC group spawn is adjusted to your team size in space. The Battleship-type groups (like the Borg Squadron - Battleship 01) will spawn only one ship if you are solo, this ship will always be the battleship. In the editor, the battleship is always the actor with the lowest number within that group.

You can move all the other actors from the group out of the map boundaries, so you will always have only one Cube regardless of team size, but keep in mind that the actual space map in game is a lot bigger than what the editor shows.

Archived Post 03-10-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBCouto (Post 3422140)
I think its based on your level actually. When you look at the Battleship option for any group, it scales from one battleship to a battleship plus cruisers and such, depending on your level and perhaps the slider difficulty setting.
The only problem is that it doesn't tell you which will be the main battleship so that you can name it specifically, like as a boss.

Solution here is to move all but one of the other enemy dots off the map totally So that only one will spawn within the zone.

Archived Post 03-10-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razoreye2005 (Post 3422869)
Solution here is to move all but one of the other enemy dots off the map totally So that only one will spawn within the zone.

But then you can't use it as a kill objective


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:47 AM.