Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Cutting the Cord and Spiderman (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=206270)

Archived Post 03-09-2011 08:21 AM

Cutting the Cord and Spiderman

In "Cutting the Cord", Hakeev (and his minions) must be either part "Spiderman" or part "Six Million Dollar Man". During the fight, Hakeev is jumping all over the place and winds up dying on a ledge above me where my character cannot reach him to fullfill the objective "Check Hakeev".

This is a show stopper! So I chalk it up to "bad luck" and beam out of the mission, knowing full well I'm going to have to repeat the process all over again. So after fullfilling all the objectives (AGAIN), I get to Hakeev and.........he winds up dying again on a ledge where I cannot reach him.

This is the GM response---

"Hello, Thank you for contacting customer support. This may be best resolved by restarting the current stage of your mission. Please note you will only lose progress for this stage of the mission. To restart the current stage of a mission: 1) Leave the map that you are currently on & return to sector space via the Abort Mission/Depart System/Beam to Ship button on your mini-map 2) Once you are back in sector space please wait at least 15 minutes for the instance of your mission to reset. (All team mates must also be outside the instance in order to reset it.) 3) Once 15 minutes has passed return to the mission entrance. Click on the "Continue: ..." button to return to your mission. 4) You should now be at the beginning of this mission stage and can continue normally. If you experience further issues completing this mission, please edit this ticket with any additional information that will assist in helping you. Thank you for playing!"

So, their BEST SOLUTION to this issue is to wait 15 minutes and restart the mission! I really like STO, and I think the Devs have made tremendous and remarkable progress over the last year. Futhermore, I really like the weekly episodes, as they truly have a Star Trek feel to them. However, lackluster (ingame) support will drive me away from a game just as fast as anything else.

Archived Post 03-09-2011 08:27 AM

That isn't their best solution, its a solution they proposed to you.

Their best solution will be to fix the bug in a future update.

Archived Post 03-09-2011 08:28 AM

This type of problem has been going on since Beta. Still happens every now and then but the devs have fixed most of them. On the rare occasion I still do an expanse mission where I have to kill borg, on the ground, and they are at the top of a building. I shoot once, they fall to the ground and most die. I laugh it off simply because borg suicide is funny.

Archived Post 03-09-2011 08:32 AM

Ironically breaking team and teaming up again, saves you the 15 minutes wait..

Archived Post 03-09-2011 08:42 AM

I didn't get Haakev to bug out but dropping your group (then restarting it) should have saved some headache.

I actually had a Romulan with an access key fall on one of the lower ledges and thought it was a developer puzzle to get up. Fortunately, I was able to thanks to clever uses of covershield.

Archived Post 03-09-2011 08:47 AM

There was no "group" or "team" to break up and reform. It was just me.

Archived Post 03-09-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ki_Draken_Magus
There was no "group" or "team" to break up and reform. It was just me.

Did you beam out and beam back down? I believe it resets it to the beginning of the map mission (i.e. just the ground part needs to be redone).

Archived Post 03-09-2011 09:03 AM

THE POINT IS that the GM response was lousy. There is no reason an on-duty GM couldn't have come in, forced the objective to complete, and left. Five minutes tops. Crappy customer service, you guys. You can and should do better.

PS: this happened to me too and I was fortunate enough to catch him on the ground the second time around.

Archived Post 03-09-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Did you beam out and beam back down? I believe it resets it to the beginning of the map mission (i.e. just the ground part needs to be redone).

Yes...I did that the FIRST TIME. It reset the entire ground mission.

Archived Post 03-09-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bactchan (Post 3419560)
THE POINT IS that the GM response was lousy. There is no reason an on-duty GM couldn't have come in, forced the objective to complete, and left. Five minutes tops. Crappy customer service, you guys. You can and should do better.

PS: this happened to me too and I was fortunate enough to catch him on the ground the second time around.

Devs shouldn't auto-complete objectives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ki_Draken_Magus
Yes...I did that the FIRST TIME. It reset the entire ground mission.

So, you didn't pull Hakeev's aggro away from the buildings on the second pass?