Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   PvP Map Bug? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=206773)

Archived Post 03-12-2011 12:26 PM

PvP Map Bug?
 
Has anyone encountered a bug when you are about 1/2 way through an Arena map and suddenly go to red alert, when there is nobody around?

Been encountering this lately at the start of matches and have no idea what's causing it.

Archived Post 03-12-2011 12:46 PM

Maybe somebody on your team used a Science/Engineering/Tactical Fleet ability. I'm not entirely sure whether this is still in the game, but these abilities used to put every member of the team into red alert.

Archived Post 03-12-2011 01:20 PM

Guess in Cryptic's wisdom its to prevent cloaked ambushing. :rolleyes:


I swear, their decisions regarding PvP has gone beyond the absurd level.

Archived Post 03-12-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mancom
Maybe somebody on your team used a Science/Engineering/Tactical Fleet ability. I'm not entirely sure whether this is still in the game, but these abilities used to put every member of the team into red alert.

Aye. It seemed like it was fine unless or until someone else on your team was at red alert. I've also been having this problem in Ker'rat while unteamed, away from everyone, and without getting any dialogue for the past couple of days.

Archived Post 03-12-2011 07:27 PM

Ugh......I wish they would fix the damn cloak already. Multiple threads have been started about this issue in multiple forums.......

Archived Post 03-13-2011 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveHale (Post 3426739)
Aye. It seemed like it was fine unless or until someone else on your team was at red alert. I've also been having this problem in Ker'rat while unteamed, away from everyone, and without getting any dialogue for the past couple of days.

This is the reason why all cloaking ships should be able to stay cloaked except when fired upon. First, it's canon. Second, it prevents getting caught off guard when someone uses tc, sci, or engy fleet abilities.

Archived Post 03-13-2011 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azurian (Post 3426549)
Has anyone encountered a bug when you are about 1/2 way through an Arena map and suddenly go to red alert, when there is nobody around?

Been encountering this lately at the start of matches and have no idea what's causing it.

Yes, I have been getting this a LOT lately... even in cap and holds.

Archived Post 03-13-2011 08:26 AM

I was going to say, I've had this happen to me in Cap and Holds alot lately.

Just out of the blue "red alert" no buffs are on my bar and there's no one around, no CTBs or any other random spam nonsense.

Makes me glad I fly a ship that doesn't cloak.

Archived Post 03-13-2011 09:58 PM

I've been throw into Red Alert. It's like there is a trigger point on the map.

So, I don't think it is a map/cloak thing, but a red alert/map thing.

Archived Post 03-15-2011 06:35 AM

Someone else is reporting an issue where ships go on red alert if they leave Sensor Analysis radius... If that observation is correct, it could be yet another reason for randomly seeming red alerts.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:23 PM.