Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Some general PVP questions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=207040)

Archived Post 03-14-2011 02:06 PM

Some general PVP questions

I'm returning from about a year of not playing and i have a few questions:

- At Com 9 (fed) and LtC 4 (klink), I'm seeing queues for FvK around 15-30mins. Is that normal? Are these level brakets just devoid of players?

- What are the PvP queue times at max level for both Fed and Klink?

- What is my best bet for consistent PvP at max level? Stick with my fed or level my klink?

Archived Post 03-14-2011 02:29 PM

Most Pvp is at max level and there is enougth to constantly pvp however ques can be slow sometimes.

Archived Post 03-14-2011 02:36 PM

Does it matter which side?

I'm leaning tword klink at this point, but i don't want to grind it out to max level and be stuck in queues.

Archived Post 03-14-2011 02:39 PM

Fed vs Fed Ques are the fastest and i dont play on the klink side.
But ques for FvK will pop but not as aften as FvF
Defently if your on the Fed side and que for FvF and FvK then FvF often pop's up 1st

Archived Post 03-14-2011 02:40 PM

FvF q's pop faster than FvK in my experience. KvK, is mostly non existent until Lt Gen, & even then i do maybe 1 a week. At any other than max level though, you will be lucky to get 1 pvp match an hour during the week. slightly more on weekends. you could always do challenge matches to get more PVP in at lower levels.

Archived Post 03-14-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royoken (Post 3430279)
I'm returning from about a year of not playing and i have a few questions:

- At Com 9 (fed) and LtC 4 (klink), I'm seeing queues for FvK around 15-30mins. Is that normal? Are these level brakets just devoid of players?

- What are the PvP queue times at max level for both Fed and Klink?

- What is my best bet for consistent PvP at max level? Stick with my fed or level my klink?

1) Yep that is normal

2) Last night at 4:30pm PST about 3-6 minutes.

3) I'm a Klingon all the way but I have heard that FvF has a larger following and you might get more games in per time played.

Archived Post 03-14-2011 02:43 PM

ok, i'll just finish up my Com 9 Fed toon then, thanks!

Archived Post 03-14-2011 02:45 PM

Maybe everyone on the K side is doing KvK 24x7; but from what I see on the Fed end of things, the FvK queues are normally showing 3-4 Fed players and 0 Klingon in queue. If I queue for everything though, it seems I wind up in FvK matches about 1/3 or 1/4 of the time; maybe more. The queues may take five or ten minutes to run sometimes, but I've never had a problem getting into some sort of match as long as I queued them all (EDIT: All of this is at Fed VA1; never did PvP at lower levels).

Archived Post 03-14-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
Maybe everyone on the K side is doing KvK 24x7; but from what I see on the Fed end of things, the FvK queues are normally showing 3-4 Fed players and 0 Klingon in queue. If I queue for everything though, it seems I wind up in FvK matches about 1/3 or 1/4 of the time; maybe more. The queues may take five or ten minutes to run sometimes, but I've never had a problem getting into some sort of match as long as I queued them all.

That's probably because all 20 of us Klingon players are usually in a match or ker'rat.
Have you tried Ker'rat OP?, It's stimulating. & No waiting for the pew pew.

Archived Post 03-14-2011 02:48 PM

Your fed will be able to get you more queues at the level cap. You get access to FvF, which pops very fast compared to the others, as well as having access to FvK.