Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Scramble Sensor addition ? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=207187)

Archived Post 03-15-2011 11:46 AM

Scramble Sensor addition ?
 
Ok,

So you get scrambled, then start to lose all ship functions, in a desperate act you hit your heals trying to save your dying ship and since you are scrambled you HEAL the enemy. Not good, right? Thats not right in many senses. Well, since when do factions have the same ship features and interchangable abilities/parts. Make a heal that inadvertantly goes to your foe an ATTACK. Like getting 240V when you are set up for 110V.

This would cut down on the OVER use of scramble sensors that is now ruling all aspects of pvp. Next time you hit scramble sensors and get a blast from your enemy in the form of a heal beam that damages your shields/ship you may think twice about overusing this ability.

Just a thought. :D

Capt.King

Archived Post 03-15-2011 01:47 PM

Teams being sent over to a hostile ship while under the influence of Scrambled Sensors doesn't make sense, while Transfer shield strength and hazard emitters does.

The issues with teams is that your beaming your team through the enemy shields. On top of that, the team than proceeds to do positive things when they obviously should know they are not where they are supposed to be.

I honestly think that when your sensors are scrambled, your transporter chief should disable external transports forcing all team abilities to be self-heal only.

Archived Post 03-15-2011 02:04 PM

Sounds good to me and makes sense to boot.

Archived Post 03-15-2011 02:32 PM

its even better when youre scrambled and you send a boarding party to a friendly ship :P

Archived Post 03-15-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matteo716 (Post 3432937)
its even better when youre scrambled and you send a boarding party to a friendly ship :P


Not as good as a BOv you triggered just as you get scrambled and you nuke the hell out of the poor little escort on your team.

Archived Post 03-15-2011 03:50 PM

Another favorite of mine I like to call the bouncing betty, if you get scrambled by a weak scramble and deploy a Tric Torp it will bounce against an enemies shield but not go off until the scamble wears off. Nothing like eating up the facing that it is bouncing on while scrambled and then after the scramble ka-boom

Archived Post 03-15-2011 04:39 PM

Your own sci team should ALWAYS clear you. SS is stupid the way it is, its almost getting out of hand, more and more matches seem to end up being with near constant SS, and the only way to clear it (if your not in a premade) is to disengage and deslect all targets then make sure nothing is in range of yourself then hit your sci team.

Its a joke that theres a power out there that theres no resonable defense or counter too. It needs to be adjusted so that you get 30 sec immunity from the the end of the last SS you get hit with, or clear yourself.

I'm sick and tired of being constantly scrambled all the time in pugs.

Archived Post 03-15-2011 05:46 PM

I have had my science team go to someone else despite having myself targeted before, so there truely is no 100% sure way of removing it off yourself.

Archived Post 03-15-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt.King
Ok,

So you get scrambled, then start to lose all ship functions, in a desperate act you hit your heals trying to save your dying ship and since you are scrambled you HEAL the enemy. Not good, right? Thats not right in many senses. Well, since when do factions have the same ship features and interchangable abilities/parts. Make a heal that inadvertantly goes to your foe an ATTACK. Like getting 240V when you are set up for 110V.

This would cut down on the OVER use of scramble sensors that is now ruling all aspects of pvp. Next time you hit scramble sensors and get a blast from your enemy in the form of a heal beam that damages your shields/ship you may think twice about overusing this ability.

Just a thought. :D

Capt.King

I like it.:)
which means it will never happen, unfortunately.:(

Archived Post 03-15-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cursix
I have had my science team go to someone else despite having myself targeted before, so there truely is no 100% sure way of removing it off yourself.

captain-science team 1, go to our computer room and clean it up.
science team- aye sir!
Transport chief- aye sir, beaming science team over to that chronoton mine thats behind us.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:44 PM.