Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Earth Spacedock (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Looking for an RP fleet. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=208100)

Archived Post 03-22-2011 02:30 PM

Looking for an RP fleet.

Hello all,

Well this is not the first time I am looking for a home, but I tend to look for my last home now, the game at a point it is good enough to keep me around regularly, now I need a community that can dot he same.

I am a long therm role player mostly in pen and paper format within star trek and some in several MMOs over the years. I lead currently 1 of such pen and paper games and I am starting up my second (see sig).

I am looking for an RP home that works with the game, I am however not looking for:

*1 RP event a week and than nothing
*Play Lt Jan Doedel the security chief (In this game we are captains, I like to play with that)
*Power hungry leaders

I am looking for:

*Strong RP community which focusses on RP above all special events or not.
*a RP fleet that truly is a fleet with the players commanding ships or an equal position.
*A good community with leaders that welcome feedback and keep and open book on why decisions are made OOC.

My character is Kiana Cerev a joined trill intelligence officer:

There is always something grey about Intelligence personnel and that does not mean their uniform colour. No they always seem to think differently and know so much more about the details behind things. This makes them always a bit distanced from the daily things and have a cold view on matters, it is a mind set they need to have to function in their work, for if they would feel everything they would soon go mad.

Kiana is no difference in this picture, she is sharp minded, slightly distanced from the things that happen and always well informed about the latest tactical plans to the local bar rumours. It is the sheer focus and dedication to know as much as she can that has made her successful in her career within starfleet intelligence. She believes that only with adequate information one can win a fight and most importantly the war.

“When I play chess, I see all the pieces, but my opponent will only see half of mine.” This she once said after a ensign asked her how she did become so successful behind the scenes and on the front lines.

Of course she is not without flaws, she is has more than once crossed the lines in her quest to know everything and secure the Federation. She does not work well with others who are on the same level as she is, she either reports or commands, but cooperation is not an option she will easily accept. And when she faces an enemy she does not know, she is more prone to violence than talk, for she does fear those she does not know.

Icly her main goal is gartering data, analyse it and make a report of it for others to use, secondary are combat operations. Her rank can be Captain or Commodore.

If you have the community you think that fits me than please contact me and if I agree I will do my best to be a good community member.

Liandras

Archived Post 03-22-2011 05:49 PM

RP Fleet

I run, erm "Adminster" the 131st Assault Auxiliary.

We're supposedly PvP and RP, but the only people really active are myself and one other person. We do RP mostly, well RP and PvE stuff (RP's really really hard with just two players, this ain't Shadowrun), I dont feel like dealing with the PvPers myself really but its in the fleet's charter if you so choose.

And Im looking for reinforcements, Ive done RP in the past (Shadowrun 3rd and 4th edition, I still call myself a decker even).

As far as my fleet regulations go, as long as you play regularly and PARTICIPATE (which is what I think you're looking for) we're good, I like reports when you deposit or withdraw from the bank but Im not picky about that either.

I consider myself an intelligence officer also, and I could really use another since Im in the admiral's chair now. Ive been in the Armed Forces IRL, US Army Intelligence and Security Command, I dont act like officers Ive had in the past, I listen to my subordinates.

I can throw you Captain (Im the only admiral in the fleet at the moment) no problem.

But hey, we're a small fleet and I dunno if a 3 person fleet is what you're after.

Null sweat. G'luck in your struggles.

Archived Post 03-23-2011 02:39 AM

I would recommend my own fleet if it weren't for the fact that you looking for something more hardcore. ;)

I can really recommend Daedalus Omega Fleet though. They're a great bunch of people to be around with and very serious and dedicated in-game RPers. I've joined some of their events and they've been memorable experiences, even though my own input was only limited.

My own fleet can offer a lot of game play experiences with the game in general, but we're a casual fleet with a playstyle that fits this as well. :)

You can find Daedalus Omega Fleet's website here.

Archived Post 03-23-2011 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fadamsxii (Post 3447356)
I run, erm "Adminster" the 131st Assault Auxiliary.

We're supposedly PvP and RP, but the only people really active are myself and one other person. We do RP mostly, well RP and PvE stuff (RP's really really hard with just two players, this ain't Shadowrun), I dont feel like dealing with the PvPers myself really but its in the fleet's charter if you so choose.

And Im looking for reinforcements, Ive done RP in the past (Shadowrun 3rd and 4th edition, I still call myself a decker even).

As far as my fleet regulations go, as long as you play regularly and PARTICIPATE (which is what I think you're looking for) we're good, I like reports when you deposit or withdraw from the bank but Im not picky about that either.

I consider myself an intelligence officer also, and I could really use another since Im in the admiral's chair now. Ive been in the Armed Forces IRL, US Army Intelligence and Security Command, I dont act like officers Ive had in the past, I listen to my subordinates.

I can throw you Captain (Im the only admiral in the fleet at the moment) no problem.

But hey, we're a small fleet and I dunno if a 3 person fleet is what you're after.

Null sweat. G'luck in your struggles.

I will consider your offer, but I won't jump the ball just yet as I want to make a good choice.

As for daedalus they conflict with me no go point: *Play Lt Jan Doedel the security chief (In this game we are captains, I like to play with that)

I admire what they do without doubt but that sort of RP I get from my pen and paper sims, I am looking for something else here.

Archived Post 03-23-2011 03:30 AM

Ah okay. :)

Well you start at the bottom of the ranks there and earn your way up the ladder, which does make it more realistic too, but if you want to start as a captain of your own ship then I can understand that this wouldn't work for you.

In the 12th you do get that opportunity, but like I said; we're casual RPers. Currently we're setting up more in-game RP events too, especially once the foundry is out, but at the moment it's mostly still forum RP if you want to RP on a daily basis. Everybody is in charge of his own ship though and we have our crew members regularly joining in on the RP's as well.

[edit]
Hehe, I wondered about that name "Jan Doedel" and then I noticed you're Dutch too. ;)

Archived Post 03-23-2011 11:33 AM

Join Today
Become a member or a Far wider Gaming communitue

we play Star Trek Online, Star Wars The Old Republic, Star Wars Galexcies, Suppreme Commander and 2 so Join Us!
Our Time Zone is GMT for the moment
Join Us Do Not be put off by our appy thread on our sit it is just so we know were you would like to be in the Guild
Guild Field Marshal

visit our website
http://wolfpackguild.webs.com/

Archived Post 03-23-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liandras
I will consider your offer, but I won't jump the ball just yet as I want to make a good choice.

As for daedalus they conflict with me no go point: *Play Lt Jan Doedel the security chief (In this game we are captains, I like to play with that)

I admire what they do without doubt but that sort of RP I get from my pen and paper sims, I am looking for something else here.

Sure thing, shop around, pick whats best for you.