Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Why do we even bother (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=208500)

Archived Post 03-25-2011 05:51 AM

Why do we even bother

I have been noticing alot of treats in this pvp forums lately about the concern of spam and saying no to broken skills, dont get me wrong I like those treats but.

Why do we even bother saying no to spam and broken skills when half the pvp community dont care and just wanna win with what ever it takes, this creates an imbalence that can make happy ppl like me frustrated and mad :(

We have made the legends to nerf ourself becourse we owned everybody on our klings and that was no fun at all.

We wanna say no to broken skills and spam but I ask again why do we even bother when half the community laugh at us and just use more broken skills and more spam.

Archived Post 03-25-2011 05:56 AM

To give up is to admit defeat?

Archived Post 03-25-2011 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidemand82 (Post 3452540)
I have been noticing alot of treats in this pvp forums lately about the concern of spam and saying no to broken skills, dont get me wrong I like those treats but.

Why do we even bother saying no to spam and broken skills when half the pvp community dont care and just wanna win with what ever it takes, this creates an imbalence that can make happy ppl like me frustrated and mad :(

We have made the legends to nerf ourself becourse we owned everybody on our klings and that was no fun at all.

We wanna say no to broken skills and spam but I ask again why do we even bother when half the community laugh at us and just use more broken skills and more spam.

It is a conundrum, because the good fleets will still be able to win convincingly 15-9 and the spammer fleets will say see its not Op'd, if you lose you will get L2P and blah,blah,blah. Or if you use I am 100% sure some of these "bottom feeders" post here and will post haha you say its OP'd but yet you use it. I would say pick and choose when you use the broken skills. If you get into a match with PuGs or one of the bottom feeder fleets the are spamtastic hope you Queue up against them again and give them a dose of their own medicine and use your skills as a fleet and roll them using equal level playing field skill wise.

Archived Post 03-25-2011 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roach (Post 3452549)
To give up is to admit defeat?

Will never give up on this game. There is so much pvp potencial in STO, even tho im told the community is one of the worst in an MMO.

Archived Post 03-25-2011 07:02 AM

I don't feel like half of the PvP community is laughing at us. I certainly see that many of the PvP community continue using skills that we find annoying. But a lot of just have no problem at using broken stuff as long as its usable even if they acknowledge it's too good. Using something broken and wanting something nerfed is not necessarily sthe same. And there is a valid concern that if we all just stop using broken stuff, tere will be no complaints the devs will get the wrong idea and pile on more bad stuff until there is nothing left to use.

I personally will still prefer to avoid the "bad" stuff, but I would prefer a systematic, mechanical change rather than us self-lmiting ourselves.

Archived Post 03-25-2011 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidemand82 (Post 3452634)
Will never give up on this game. There is so much pvp potencial in STO, even tho im told the community is one of the worst in an MMO.

lol- Good for you.
The community is not as bad as the tales may state and seems no worse in attitude than any other game with pvp in it.

Archived Post 03-25-2011 07:59 AM

it is good to bother......just play the game. broken stuff, gimmick stuff, QQ stuff, mcleet pwnsauce stuff.....make of it what you will i guess.

Archived Post 03-25-2011 09:38 AM

I see some merit in the argument that broken skills need to be used as much as possible to convince people that change is infact needed. Can you believe that there are people out there who actually don't think spam is a problem? It blows my mind but some people seem to really need us to draw them a picture.

That being said, we run npc spam builds and over use broken powers to make a point but ultimately we are preaching to the choir. The people who need the convincing don't learn a thing because, let's face it, they don't know what's going on and were probably going to ***** about something else any way, while we are ultimately alienating our own fellow PVPers.

Archived Post 03-25-2011 10:42 AM

I'm of two minds with this, I don't like using broken crap.

On the other, I like winning.

so I try to only use the broken crap when I see other people using broken crap. It shows just how broken it really is, and lets me still keep some form of standards for myself.

Archived Post 03-25-2011 10:47 AM

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines GMMeeko