Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   The TOS Value Package: Review and a Request. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=208598)

Archived Post 03-25-2011 02:04 PM

The TOS Value Package: Review and a Request.

The TOS Value package.... here is my review

IT'S AWESOME!

To put it in more detail:
  • The scaling is perfect!
  • Working Jeffries Tubes!
  • Your ship NPCs are dressed appropriately!
  • Shuttered windows for cannon lawyers and the ability to see space for everyone else!
  • Certain rooms suck as the Transporter Room and Engineering are exact replica's (the Sick bay, while a little off, is as close as they could get it!).
  • A "F" Type shuttle and pet (was so not expecting this).
  • 3 new costume types fore the period! (My only complaint is Klingons really need some classic TOS love for their outfits)
  • A Type 2 phaser that can be given to all your crew immediately instead of having to spam the same feature series episode over and over and over again! ( It is SLIGHTLY less powerful than the feature series gun).
  • Old school bridge sounds and abient noise in the appropriate places. You will actually feel like your on the Enterprise. I was just waiting for the computer to ask for someone to report to something, the sounds were just that good.

Besides for some really anal retentive nitpicking from cannon lawyers, I can find nothing really wrong with this package and for 1400 Atari tokens (about 15 dollars worth), you are not going to get a better buy for money than this package.
The Enterprise package comes with an entire star ship and it still does not measure up to this value pack.

That all being said I merely have one request, one tiny little favor to ask to make this set perfect:
  • ADD A "BEAM OUT" BUTTON TO THE TRANSPORTER ROOM!
Actually, they need a beam out button for all transporter pads in the game (like the one in Memory Alpha), including the ones in space stations and on ships, but I would kill for this feature on the TOS transporter.

I almost cried when I realized I could not beam out from this area on my ship and had to go back up to my bridge to leave my ... bridge... which seems a tad awkward.

Archived Post 03-25-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatar_of_Champions (Post 3453722)
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]

That all being said I merely have one request, one tiny little favor to ask to make this set perfect:
Actually, they need a beam out button for all transporter pads in the game (like the one in Memory Alpha), including the ones in space stations and on ships, but I would kill for this feature on the TOS transporter.

I almost cried when I realized I could not beam out from this area on my ship and had to go back up to my bridge to leave my ... bridge... which seems a tad awkward.

the thing is if you're leaving your ships interior to go back to sector space you're not really leaving your ship. as you're taking command of your ship to go fly it somewhere then the bridge is the place you want to be when you change views.

although if you are on a station at the time then a transporter change would then at least give people the option if they really want to role play the experience.

Archived Post 03-25-2011 02:12 PM

What happens if you play the Remastered Azura mission?

do you see the TOS Interrior transporter room or the one it allways showed?

Archived Post 03-25-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatar_of_Champions (Post 3453722)
The TOS Value package.... here is my review

IT'S AWESOME!

To put it in more detail:
  • The scaling is perfect!
  • Working Jeffries Tubes!
  • Your ship NPCs are dressed appropriately!
  • Shuttered windows for cannon lawyers and the ability to see space for everyone else!
  • Certain rooms suck as the Transporter Room and Engineering are exact replica's (the Sick bay, while a little off, is as close as they could get it!).
  • A "F" Type shuttle and pet (was so not expecting this).
  • 3 new costume types fore the period! (My only complaint is Klingons really need some classic TOS love for their outfits)
  • A Type 2 phaser that can be given to all your crew immediately instead of having to spam the same feature series episode over and over and over again! ( It is SLIGHTLY less powerful than the feature series gun).

Besides for some really anal retentive nitpicking from cannon lawyers, I can find nothing really wrong with this package and for 1400 Atari tokens (about 15 dollars worth), you are not going to get a better buy for money than this package.
The Enterprise package comes with an entire star ship and it still does not measure up to this value pack.

WHOA!!!! Hang on a moment....

You get a Black and White Phaser for each of your Crew Members?

I thought you only got one.

If you get one for each crew member, that is UTTERLY AWESOMESAUCE!!!!!

:D

Yes, would be nice to not have to spam the Devidan Mission over and over and over again!

Archived Post 03-25-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG (Post 3453744)
What happens if you play the Remastered Azura mission?

do you see the TOS Interrior transporter room or the one it allways showed?

i would guess the standard one it always shows. thats a generic cutscene not something tied to our ships.

Archived Post 03-25-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptMattSchwab

go to the special unlock tab at the bottom of the c-store and spam the claim bundle pack a few times and multiple phasers will appear in your inventory.

Archived Post 03-25-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
the thing is if you're leaving your ships interior to go back to sector space you're not really leaving your ship. as you're taking command of your ship to go fly it somewhere then the bridge is the place you want to be when you change views.

While this is true,,, the transition that occurs when you leave your bridge is a beam out effect.

They could just as easily place a 'leave ship interior' button button (like in the bridge) in the transporter room. Although, a "BEAM OUT" button would have the same effect but seems more appropriate for the tansporter room.

Basically I'm just asking for a way to leave the ships interior from the transporter room, a move I believe a lot of payers would support.

Archived Post 03-25-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

i would guess the standard one it always shows. thats a generic cutscene not something tied to our ships.

that would be sad, especially since the only TOS ship ingame is right at the start.

PS: want screenshots!

Archived Post 03-25-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptMattSchwab

If you get one for each crew member, that is UTTERLY AWESOMESAUCE!!!!!

:D

Yes, would be nice to not have to spam the Devidan Mission over and over and over again!

Go to the Cstore and repeatedly click "claim free item" for the Value Pack, you can do it as many times as you want and get as many phasers as you need for your crew!

Archived Post 03-25-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

go to the special unlock tab at the bottom of the c-store and spam the claim bundle pack a few times and multiple phasers will appear in your inventory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatar_of_Champions (Post 3453793)
Go to the Cstore and repeatedly click "claim free item" for the Value Pack, you can do it as many times as you want and get as many phasers as you need for your crew!

WOOOHOOOO!!!!

This is Excellent!

Made my day guys. Thanks!