Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Delta flyer missions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=208613)

Archived Post 03-25-2011 02:42 PM

Delta flyer missions

Now I love the fact that people can now craft the delta flyer, though I do find it just a tad too coincidental that the ability to craft them was released just as the special reward for the weekly series in which the Delta makes the first mission much easier ends. But thats a complaint for another thread, this thread is to complain about and give a suggestion for the new delta missions.

If you own the delta flyer already there's no real reason to pick up these mission you gain no benefit from them, but this could easily be rectified. In addition to giving the schematic at the end of the ten missions, also have completing the mission unlock, and max out, a "Shuttle Commander/Shuttle Pilot" skill, akin to the current [class] captain skill sets. This makes sense since because you're being told that you need to better know how to handle a shuttle to build the delta flyer so, why not actually have doing the missions give you bonuses to flying shuttles?

Archived Post 03-27-2011 12:53 AM

Perhaps Shuttle missions in general could be added, especially some for the KDF, well if we can get a half decent shuttle, without waiting 400 days. of course first we will need an accessible shuttle bay....

Archived Post 03-27-2011 06:17 PM

The KDF do need more shuttles, that all they have is a 300 year old ship from Enterprise and a dressed up Federation workerbee is just damn insulting. There are many Klingon shuttle designs from various star trek products that could be used but they seem keen on not doing so. Anyway back on topic. Yes more shuttle missions should be added, but a shuttle skill is something that we need. At least to increase the effectiveness of shuttles in PvE, as now even five VA's in a shuttle are going to have trouble taking on anything bigger than a tier 2.

Archived Post 03-27-2011 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright (Post 3453835)
Now I love the fact that people can now craft the delta flyer, though I do find it just a tad too coincidental that the ability to craft them was released just as the special reward for the weekly series in which the Delta makes the first mission much easier ends. But thats a complaint for another thread, this thread is to complain about and give a suggestion for the new delta missions.

I don't see how you can see it as coincidental. Since you made your point then dismissed any further discussion on the matter to another thread, i'm leaving my 2 cents here.
If anyone has brought this Delta Flyer, that means they had this for nearly close to two months now, and every Federation character they own on an account, each gets one too. For its price, people got something long before everyone else. Just like Melee weapons, which are opened up to all on an account or grinded in Colliseum. Its instant access through purchase or its about waiting, then crafting or grinding. Anyone who complains is short sighted, especially when details about how the Delta Flyer was going to be made available to all was released back at the beginning of the Cloaked Intentions series.

Anyways, i would like to see further missions in Shutttles else use for these vehicles is plurly cosmetic. Perhaps gathering in a Shuttle in the future would lead to additional percentages in Trace Particle chances.
I do agree with you though. KDF do need more shuttle love.