Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Foundry on Holodeck - FAQ (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=209124)

Archived Post 03-28-2011 11:16 AM

Foundry on Holodeck - FAQ

As you may have noticed, we have enabled the Beta Foundry service on Holodeck this morning.

This means that you will now be presented with two options on the character selection screen - Play and Create.

In order to Create Foundry missions, you must select the Create tab and define a "testing" character that you will use for play testing any missions you create.

Any Foundry missions you create will not become available for others to see until they are published.

Once they are published, they will not show up in the player created mission tab until they have been peer reviewed. If you would like to review newly created missions, there is a review content option that will allow you to search for new missions waiting to be tried. Be warned, with many new players getting their hands on the editor, there may be a lot of "hello world" missions at first.

As with any Beta, we will be monitoring the systems closely and if we see any problems we will address them asap. This is a complex new system and this is the first time it has been open to the public on our primary shard Holodeck. Be warned that we may need to turn it on/off at a moments notice to address any concerns, but our goal is to have a smooth launch ::crossing fingers::

I'll update if there is any additional information I can share.

Enjoy and have fun making your own mission!

UPDATE: 1:45pm Pacific

We are noticing that some Foundry missions are timing out when you attempt to publish. We are looking into the issue and request that if you have trouble publishing, please try again later. You may still save your mission and all should be safe until you can get it published. More news on this as we find out more details.

Archived Post 03-28-2011 11:19 AM

Congratulations Dan and the entire team! BRAVO!

March 28th, forever to be known as Foundry Day.

Sweet! Time to get creating.

Edit: Coming soon, the return of the Obsidian Order.

Edit2: Now LIVE: "Trembler"! Check out the summary in the Foundry Discussion Forum.

Archived Post 03-28-2011 11:23 AM

Will there be an option to import missions already created on Tribble or will they need to be re-created?

Archived Post 03-28-2011 11:24 AM

Where are all the 500+ missions that people have created already? sorry if this is dumb question lol

Archived Post 03-28-2011 11:24 AM

excited to get home and try it out on holodeck! Grats STO Team!!

Archived Post 03-28-2011 11:26 AM

To answer the last two posters there

1) It takes a lot to get missions onto Holodeck from Tribble.
2) It should be easy-ish to recreate the dialog and such, but unknown if you can do them 100%.

Archived Post 03-28-2011 11:29 AM

yay!!!!! bring fourht the undine Invasion i will :D

Archived Post 03-28-2011 11:31 AM

Excellent news! I can't wait to login tonight and check it out. I'm curious to see how many missions are listed in the community and review sections tonight. I predict my reaction stages will be: :) :confused: :eek: :D