Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Could you use the Foundry to create STF's? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=209148)

Archived Post 03-28-2011 01:06 PM

Could you use the Foundry to create STF's?

Me and my fleet buddies love doing the STF's and since we're not gonna get any new ones from the devs anytime soon, could they be done the foundry? I have no desire to make any foundry missions as i simply don't have the patience for that (maybe i'm just plain lazy lol) I dunno, i might give it a go one day if someone could point me to a clear, straightforward tutorial video. But if someone could create an STF type of mission then i'd love to play and review it :)

Archived Post 03-28-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupAJ1M (Post 3459822)
Me and my fleet buddies love doing the STF's and since we're not gonna get any new ones from the devs anytime soon, could they be done the foundry? I have no desire to make any foundry missions as i simply don't have the patience for that (maybe i'm just plain lazy lol) I dunno, i might give it a go one day if someone could point me to a clear, straightforward tutorial video. But if someone could create an STF type of mission then i'd love to play and review it :)

This would be an intriguing prospect, but it depends on the overall limitations of the tools provided by the foundry.

Archived Post 03-28-2011 01:14 PM

Is it possible to have puzzles where more than one human player needs to perform some action simultaneously? If so, you should be able to create something "STF-ish".

It would be interesting to try for sure.

Archived Post 03-28-2011 01:15 PM

I too would be interested in knowing if that's possible! Love the STFs!

Archived Post 03-28-2011 01:16 PM

I wish more people would feel the same about STFs. Then perhaps the devs would make more.

Archived Post 03-28-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuanManChu
I wish more people would feel the same about STFs. Then perhaps the devs would make more.

Here here! At least we will be getting the Hive soon to complete the Undine story.

This is a great idea OP!

Archived Post 03-28-2011 01:20 PM

I concur, QMC. I would like to eventually see some epic-level fleet actions/STFs...10-20 man operations....but with the challenge of an STF.

Archived Post 03-28-2011 01:21 PM

I want them to especially REQUIRE class specific objectives. Not have them be optional accolades like the weeklies but be obligatory.

Archived Post 03-28-2011 01:25 PM

I know someone by the name "apt.pupil" tried making a 2-3 player mission on Tribble. I reviewed it by myself and spent the night dying every so often. I forget what the name of the mission was, I want to say "Designs" but I'm not quite sure.

I think Napoleon_Blownapart has missions that are more suited towards the hardcore type of player would be the proper phrasing. It might be worth trying them with a team and seeing how that goes.

But other than that, the tools are a little too limited I think to have STF made by players. A few people mentioned that triggers might make it happen, but I remain pretty doubtful as there are a few other problems associated with it like what if people on your team choose different options. Maybe in a later build, I guess.

Archived Post 03-28-2011 01:31 PM

Player made STFs would be fine with me. It would mean the developers wouldn't have to use limited resources on content geared towards a tiny fraction of players.