Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Please comment on and rate what you play... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=209204)

Archived Post 03-28-2011 08:55 PM

Please comment on and rate what you play...

This is an open request to all players enjoying the new Foundry content: please tell the authors what you think. I published a mission earlier that had a little typo. Even with me reading through it seven times, I never caught it. But thankfully, someone who played it mentioned the typo (and thankfully didn't rate me down because of it). I am now in the process of publishing the mission with the correction.

We are individual human beings; we do not have the editorial staff that Cryptic has. Your ratings and comments not only tell the world which missions are your favorite, but they also help the authors create even better content.

Thank you.
Commadore_Bob

Archived Post 03-29-2011 12:02 AM

I think that's a good idea. I play'd two this evening "Victims of the Ice" and "Deep Space 11". I left comments for both and pointed out to one author that several sections on my mission log came up as "Unnamed task". I didn't lower my rating because of it, it was still enjoyable.

I would hope that only severely botched writing would warrant a reduction in rating in a otherwise fine mission. One last thing, I also hope some leeway is given in small cases as well. As an example (I didn't point it out), in Deep Space 11 I had to help raise the stations shields to prevent the enemy from beaming in. Once that was done I had to beam out to help defend the station. Those little things don't bug me (though I notice them) and would hope that others don't go all "canon" on authors who are creating missions and give them low scores.

Archived Post 03-29-2011 12:02 AM

Please, if you take the time to comment, also read the directions on where to go that are highlighted in the first dialogue.

Hypothetically, of course.

Archived Post 03-29-2011 02:48 PM

I wish to add: be a little more specific in your criticism. "I didn't like it" is not very helpful. I'm not asking to not rate people's stuff bad, go ahead but give us a little more info. Even if it is as simple as "It had Orions and I hate Orions" at least we would know if there is something wrong with the mission itself or if it was just a personal preference conflict.

Also, please do not judge content as compared to the feature series. Foundry has but a fraction of the content creation tools that are available to the devs. Judge them on their own accord, not based on what the Devs can do.

Archived Post 03-30-2011 10:49 AM

I had someone rate my mission 1 star because it's level was Lt. 1. What affects that level?

Archived Post 03-30-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phatbhuda (Post 3463504)
I had someone rate my mission 1 star because it's level was Lt. 1. What affects that level?

If you don't have any enemies in it, it will be Lt. 1. If your mission is entirely a science/puzzle/diplomacy and you want to focus on non-combat stuff then that's fine and basically ignore it.

Archived Post 03-31-2011 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phatbhuda (Post 3463504)

it would scale up to anyone's level though, so even though it says lt 1 it will play at what ever level that person is. so im not sure what his point was other than maybe not understanding quite how it works.