Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   New ideal for PvP. Away Team vs Away Team. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=209622)

Archived Post 03-31-2011 11:52 PM

New ideal for PvP. Away Team vs Away Team.

There's been a lot of discussion about the best Away Team. I think it would be great if we can test them out in combat. Captain and his BOff Away Team vs Captain and his BOff Away Team.

Archived Post 04-01-2011 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Knight
There's been a lot of discussion about the best Away Team. I think it would be great if we can test them out in combat. Captain and his BOff Away Team vs Captain and his BOff Away Team.

That isnt PvP.. Too many PvE elements..

PvP should be about the players, not the PvE junk they can bring with them.. Remember what happened to space when they increased the Carrier spamrate, or the Scorpions

Archived Post 04-01-2011 11:17 AM

So begins the Bread and Circuses era a STO..........

Archived Post 04-01-2011 11:36 AM

This is a good idea. Guild Wars has this kind of battle. It is henchmen vs. henchmen battles.

The players each stand on a pillar and order their henchmen to different positions around the battlefield. They either command them all or individually, as they move around the battlefield capturing points.

It is pretty cool actually.

Not a bad idea to kick around.

Here is a video showing pvp with henchmen on Guild Wars Hero Battles

Archived Post 04-01-2011 01:43 PM

This would be interesting, but sadly would turn into "how many turrets can I put down" wars. Unless they made it so you had to have one of each class in your henchmen team.

Archived Post 04-01-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluerockBeing04 (Post 3467961)
This would be interesting, but sadly would turn into "how many turrets can I put down" wars. Unless they made it so you had to have one of each class in your henchmen team.

I like this idea, but i also dont like this idea, imagine if you will
i like to make copies of myself on my bridge officer with the same name and look (ie outfit)
You say in team to target a certin player
team gets confused and doesnt know which one to target.......

Me yells out in team "Target Player X"
Team member "Which One?"
Team member "That one"
Team Member "No thats the npc"
Team Member "OK this one..........ah crap there Player X was" *you hit re-spawn button*

so as much as i like this idea, i also dont think its a good idea

Archived Post 04-01-2011 04:20 PM

Too much PvE. Spam already killed ground PvP, since a couple of careers can spawn 5-10 npcs each, and there is no viable way to single out players, especially when they are minimum height and/or costumed to look like NPCs.

Not to mention that my away team members are a bunch of idiots.On a lot of PvE missions I'd just rather leave them on the ship. I really don't need anyone squatting in the plasma fire or pulling 3 extra packs, thanks.