Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   FAW: Never have there been a bigger Iwin Botton in STO (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=209931)

Archived Post 04-03-2011 02:55 PM

FAW: Never have there been a bigger Iwin Botton in STO
 
So I tested out the new FAW in 2 Days with a fleet in an Assault Cruiser and Exelsior, never have there been a bigger Iwin Botton in STO. Either you FAW or you lose, skills is not importent. :confused:

We in Qew are not going to use FAW with high weapon power before it gets nerf. We would never have used it on our Klings, but we are not going to use it even on our semi fun builds fed side, its just way to cheese for us.

What you or your fleets does are up to you. PvP is broken atm so it does not matter. Everybody know the FAW issue by now.

This FAW buff comes at a time where the PvP community is slowly dying and this does it even worse, hope a fix is otw. Dev_jheinig visited the OPvP channel yesterday and I think FAW got mentions a coulpe of times :D

Archived Post 04-03-2011 03:10 PM

Another FAW thread? :confused:

It's being looked into. In the mean time, if you're gonna PvP, adapt appropriately. Personally I'm enjoying my beam boat escort...and will continue to until they re-nerf it.

Archived Post 04-03-2011 03:11 PM

Don't FAW me, bro! :(

Archived Post 04-03-2011 03:14 PM

I guess you either have not been here for, or forgot season 1..

Where you could Cannons did so much DPS, you could kill whole teams in seconds with CSV or CRF.. or... by simply pressing the space bar.

This...

Not even close.

Archived Post 04-03-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluerockBeing04 (Post 3471006)
Another FAW thread? :confused:

It's being looked into. In the mean time, if you're gonna PvP, adapt appropriately. Personally I'm enjoying my beam boat escort...and will continue to until they re-nerf it.

Another FAW thread? It's being looked into.

Yes another threat being looked into not good enough this is not something there should be fixed in a patch in a couple of weaks or so. I should be fixed now.

Adapt plz you have no clue. Im part of 1 of the pehaps 2 pvp fleets in the game that could beat a FAW team without using it themself.

Archived Post 04-03-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaruslothran (Post 3471012)
I guess you either have not been here for, or forgot season 1..

Where you could Cannons did so much DPS, you could kill whole teams in seconds with CSV or CRF.. or... by simply pressing the space bar.

This...

Not even close.

Your right and that one completely killed off FvK. The last broken faw almost killed what was left... and this is NOT helping the matter.

Archived Post 04-03-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaruslothran (Post 3471012)
I guess you either have not been here for, or forgot season 1..

Where you could Cannons did so much DPS, you could kill whole teams in seconds with CSV or CRF.. or... by simply pressing the space bar.

This...

Not even close.

Season 1 yea pehaps so long ago, but this is not beta or season 1, the dev should have way more experience now and that make this much worse.

And a 5 man FAW team can easily take down a hole team so it must be close.

Archived Post 04-03-2011 04:56 PM

I'd still rather face a 5-man FAW team than 5-man spam team. FAW needs nerfing, but the new faceroll is better than the old faceroll.

When it's just 1 or 2 ships running it, FAW really doesn't seem bad at all. Unless you are fighting exactly two enemies, the extra beams spread around quite a bit. It's only when you get several ships spreading those beams around that they get crazy.

Archived Post 04-03-2011 05:03 PM

Nerf FAW? Fine, then un-nerf Shield Resists. As an Engineer, that really ****ed me off because it also effected RSF.

Archived Post 04-03-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidemand82 (Post 3470970)
So I tested out the new FAW in 2 Days with a fleet in an Assault Cruiser and Exelsior, never have there been a bigger Iwin Botton in STO. Either you FAW or you lose, skills is not importent. :confused:

We in Qew are not going to use FAW with high weapon power before it gets nerf. We would never have used it on our Klings, but we are not going to use it even on our semi fun builds fed side, its just way to cheese for us.

What you or your fleets does are up to you. PvP is broken atm so it does not matter. Everybody know the FAW issue by now.

This FAW buff comes at a time where the PvP community is slowly dying and this does it even worse, hope a fix is otw. Dev_jheinig visited the OPvP channel yesterday and I think FAW got mentions a coulpe of times :D

Tide I think LF/SoS is with you we will have a ship or 2 running it but we will not roll a 5 man BFaW team. I am DPS cruiser pilot on the fed side and i refuse to run it, call me what you want, I refuse to hop scotch builds to the FotM. It is sad some here thinking winning trumps everything in this game when you get absolutely nothing for winning by 1 or 15 and after you zone out that match is just legend since most do not fraps their matches.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:02 AM.