Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Mission Database (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Hypercritical Jerk will review your missions... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=210099)

Archived Post 04-04-2011 05:23 PM

Hypercritical Jerk will review your missions...

Well, I like making missions with the foundry but I don't have the kind of free time to give them the attention they deserve. And since one or two people have graciously volunteered to work as reviewers (and are now completely inundated with requests) I thought I'd offer to help out, too. So, instead of creating new missions that suck, I'll nit-pick anyone elses mission for them.

Be warned though. I'm a jerk.

Thats right. As the title states - I am a hypercritical jerk. I offer my services as a mission reviewer for anyone who can take brutal, honest criticism. I wil call 'em like I see 'em. I will call you on every grammar mistake, spelling error, or punctuation flub. The first plot hole discovered in your story will earn my scorn. If I find a second plot hole, my scornful harrasment will make you want to climb into that plot hole and pull it in after you. My reviews will not be for timid authors.

But if you get 4 or 5 stars out of me, you really have one H of a good mission.

Anyway, if there are some authors with some intestinal fortitude out there, send me your mission titles. All I ask for in return is that if my review makes you cry, you MUST tell me. Tears are the fuel that keeps my criticism engine running, afterall.

WAMAHahahahahahaha (the laughter of a hypercritical jerk...)

Archived Post 04-04-2011 05:54 PM

Advertising yourself as a "hyper-critical" jerk-style reviewer may not be the best way to people to flock to you for reviews. I'm not really sure for how many people this may be true, but for many authors, it is there first go at a mission. Professional and most of all, constructive criticism is accepted and even welcomed by most authors. So if you're actually interested in helping, I'd suggest you change your manner.

Furthermore, it's not a matter of "intestinal fortitude". Why get information from a rude reviewer when they can ask around elsewhere and get the same information in a more kindly manner? I fear that you may go hungry if you must feast solely on tears.

Archived Post 04-04-2011 05:55 PM

Unless you can give constructive criticism, then your feedback is useless.

Archived Post 04-04-2011 06:19 PM

Here, take a shot at mine. Even a useless review is a review.

Trembler: Find out what the Cardassians are doing.
Trembler 2: Investigate a Cardassian facility.

Archived Post 04-04-2011 06:24 PM

Shades of Grey is mine....have at it and please post any issues you find.

I'm really aiming for a flawless mission here...i want to note this is a beta release and i am working on some of the trial dialogues

Archived Post 04-04-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus (Post 3473127)
Unless you can give constructive criticism, then your feedback is useless.

Useless to you, maybe. And just because its hypercritical doesn't mean it won't be constructive.

Besides, it was mostly sarcasm. Everybody gets a fair shake.

Archived Post 04-04-2011 06:31 PM

Hypercritical and hypocritical aren't the same thing.

In fact, hyper- is the opposite of hypo- as far as prefixes are concerned (hyper- means more than, hypo- means less than, and iso- means the same).

Archived Post 04-04-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Hypercritical and hypocritical aren't the same thing.

In fact, hyper- is the opposite of hypo- as far as prefixes are concerned (hyper- means more than, hypo- means less than, and iso- means the same).

right, I offer more than needed criticism. Its like the worst present under the tree. Sure, it sucks - but hey, its a present.

Archived Post 04-04-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boglejam (Post 3473181)
right, I offer more than needed criticism. Its like the worst present under the tree. Sure, it sucks - but hey, its a present.

Realism is grounded in isocritical thought: grading things as they are (rather than skewing one way or the other).

Archived Post 04-04-2011 07:04 PM

In for one...

Please review my mission: Battle at Tazi VI
Level 41+, Federation. Starts at Tazi System in Sirius.

ID: ST-HQEQLWMHG

I look forward to your review and feedback, even if it does make me :eek:, :confused: or :(.

Thanks!