Options The Foundry NEEDS
I have been using the Foundry since it's launch live a week ago and already i have a Wish list.
If any Cryptic developer types are reading, We sorely need the following.
1: An option to make NPC groups stationary when in combat.
This makes a whole new world of possibilities, Base turrets, Defense grids you name it.
2: Food items, like dishes and replimat food cubes.
3: Federation Force Field effects
4: Transporter effects for Items and crew that makes them invisible.
5: A Red Alert light effect for the ships interior
6: An Invisible object that will flash when made into a Interactive part of a mission.
7: Much bigger space and ground explosions for base destruction and buildings.
8: Humanoid skeletons
9: The ability to rotate items more than one axis, such as planets or lights. I would really like to have a planet with a ring off tilt not just one static angle.
10: Static Transmission screens for Dialogue, also some effects for partial signal or such.
There are tons of stuff I didn't mention, I will leave that up to other Foundry builders and players who want more parts and options.
Thank you so much for everything you have given us Foundry users so far, we just need more to make the missions we envision better.
11) The ability to have NPCs sitting in a chair.
12) The ability to have an NPC walk to a specific location. Not everyone beams into a room.
13) The ability to have NPCs beam out.
You should put this in the Foundry-Feedback forum. It'll more likely be seen by the Devs over there.
Otherwise, it's a good list.
Here are some of the limitations I'd like to see addressed.
* Right now, I don't see a way to make NPC ship contacts in space with actual dialog. I'm having to do it with pop-ups.
* NPC contacts in space can't be made to disappear based on objectives. They're appear-only.
* I want to be able to edit the face, body, and head proportions like we can for our boffs and captains. Make some truly alien aliens. :)
* Many more triggerable effects, explosions, energy fields, etc.
* I want to be able to override whether characters (players + boffs AND npc characters) beam in/out, warp in/out, cloak in/out, or just appear/vanish. This is particularly the case with the player. Sometimes I want the ship to warp into the scene, or just appear, depending on context.
* And of course, tons and tons of more building-block objects for the missions. Bits and pieces of equipment or rocks or walls that can be put together like legos to make custom scenes. Plus more satellites, space stations... a variety of things so you don't see the same one over and over in everyone's missions.
* And a way for us to change the peace/hostility of NPCs on triggerable events, or just up-front, without relying on costumes. Right now to make hostile feds you need to use something else (like mirror feds) and costume them.
Probably more that I'm not thinking of at the moment. :)
Costume creation needs to be improved.
Not only do we need to be able to edit ground characters the same way we edit our own, we should be able to use our playable captains or BOs.
We also need to be able to change the name/registry of Starfleet vessel space costumes (unless there's a way to do that, in which case it should be made more apparent).
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:40 AM.|