Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Arming NPCs (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=210199)

Archived Post 04-05-2011 01:27 PM

Arming NPCs

I've got a few NPCs in some of my missions. I'm wondering if there's a way to arm them. They don't need to fire on enemies. They're just tactical dudes who give that "Yeah... we're in a bad mood" look.

At the moment I've given them idle Stand - Shotgun Ready animation but they stand there without phaser rifles.. I'm particularly wondering if there's a way to give them phaser rifles or if that's not yet present in the game?

Archived Post 04-05-2011 01:30 PM

I haven't seen any way to do it currently. That would be a nice feature.

Archived Post 04-05-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NecroBones (Post 3474731)
I haven't seen any way to do it currently. That would be a nice feature.

Bah.. figured as much. Thanks for the quick reply! :)

Archived Post 04-06-2011 07:08 AM

Soldiers without guns

When I want it, only can do it making a combat against enemies, for example , 3 groups of starfleet captains against 1 group of enemy ensigns. I know that you want put it with foundry option but, it's one way to do it for the moment.

Archived Post 04-06-2011 09:42 AM

There are some "Shotgun" idle animations, and a few other sort of "Aggressive"-type animations you can choose from that you might find fitting. I don't think the "shotgun" one actually has a weapon, however, so it works better for friendly NPC groups.

Archived Post 04-06-2011 10:52 AM

One of my characters just screams to have an opportunity to get into the thick of the fight. Unfortunately I'm not comfortable skinning an NPC group with him as having him die would break the story.

What I would like is to have a NPC capable of carrying a gun and actually firing it. They don't have to damage enemies, just be there giving the appearance they are "in the fight" but neither taking nor doing any damage to prevent abuse.

I'd also love the ability to set animation waypoints so a NPC will follow a predetermined path.

Considering we're still at version .5 in the Foundry, I have very high hopes. I can hardly imagine what we will have in Foundry 2.0! :D

Archived Post 04-06-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trueheart
One of my characters just screams to have an opportunity to get into the thick of the fight. Unfortunately I'm not comfortable skinning an NPC group with him as having him die would break the story.

What I would like is to have a NPC capable of carrying a gun and actually firing it. They don't have to damage enemies, just be there giving the appearance they are "in the fight" but neither taking nor doing any damage to prevent abuse.

I'd also love the ability to set animation waypoints so a NPC will follow a predetermined path.

Considering we're still at version .5 in the Foundry, I have very high hopes. I can hardly imagine what we will have in Foundry 2.0! :D

Indeed. Not complaining one bit. The Foundry tool set is way more robust than I expected from a 0.5 SDK. Once they fix some of the map background images, add some more robust actor handling and add the ability to script paths / godmode NPC ships I'll be in heaven.