Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   - A Final Unity - Foundry mission is up (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=210261)

Archived Post 04-06-2011 12:45 AM

- A Final Unity - Foundry mission is up

- A Final Unity -

Is based on my movie script version of the 1995 game called Star Trek : The next generation " A final Unity "

A story 900,000 years in the making.. Please be kind in your reviews. thank you - OOP

1995 IBM PC DOS GAME ORIGINAL ST:TNG A Final Unity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaUZAJM3NoA

Archived Post 04-06-2011 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OOP (Post 3475585)
- A Final Unity -

Is based on my movie script version of the 1995 game called Star Trek : The next generation " A final Unity "

A story 900,000 years in the making.. Please be kind in your reviews. thank you - OOP

1995 IBM PC DOS GAME ORIGINAL ST:TNG A Final Unity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaUZAJM3NoA

I still have my 1007 numbered version of that game in the original box, with the weird little holographic badge. :D

Archived Post 04-06-2011 01:14 AM

I had wondered if something like this was even possible to do. I hope you spent some serious time making it look and feel like the 1995 game, for I will be trying and reviewing it.

Archived Post 04-06-2011 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis (Post 3475616)
I had wondered if something like this was even possible to do. I hope you spent some serious time making it look and feel like the 1995 game, for I will be trying and reviewing it.

Well keep in mind this is based off my movie script. wich is based off the game. so there's a bit of a twist to the story. But overall it has to be different from the 1995 game.

Archived Post 04-06-2011 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OOP (Post 3475649)
Well keep in mind this is based off my movie script. wich is based off the game. so there's a bit of a twist to the story. But overall it has to be different from the 1995 game.

I was about to say: wouldn't you run into EULA/copyright issues?

Archived Post 04-06-2011 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OOP (Post 3475649)

I can understand that, however I find it hard to believe you could adapt such a long story and make it into an entire foundry mission in the short time the foundry has been live without greatly simplifying it.

I expected some of the races would be different in order not to violate copyright - the Remans for example could be used instead of the Garidians. But I hope the mission really preserves the spirit of A Final Unity.

Archived Post 04-06-2011 02:58 AM

just played it...

first let me say i loved A Final Unity back in the day, still have the box in my shelf!

well here is my review:

- first i am not sure if it is allowed to use "Vash" (if that is supposed to be the TNG character? i think so, not sure), and i also would rename the Garidians just to be on the safe side.

- An there sum TYPOS!
Serious Spellcheck needed dood!

- When my Captain spoke with the Garidian Ship it displayed my Tac Officer (maybe foundry limitation, dont know, but a little confusing in any case to see my Tac speaking like he was the captain... hey thats my job!).

- i had a problem with 2 triggers, first the 2 Federation ships warp in out of sensor range i had to blindly fly arround the map and found them by luck (did not see them on the map until after i was in range), you may want them to warp in nearer to the player.
And... i don't realy understand why i would scan the admirals Fishtank ... it said so in the questlog and the thing was blinking, but there was no real indication storywise why i would even do that.

- there was a lot of walking on the last Map with that uuh.. Reservoir (?),
Walking != fun, rule of thumb: if it takes longer then 1 full sprint it starts to be annoying. plz don't make me run from the top to the lower end of the map only to get told to run to the right side of the map... *gnaaah*

- then the mission just stopped, so... is this mission not finished yet? part 1 or something?

...it was a good start but keep working on it, you're getting there!

Archived Post 04-06-2011 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I was about to say: wouldn't you run into EULA/copyright issues?

This.

My first Foundry mission on Tribble was a bit of an homage to A Final Unity, in that it featured the Garidians. After reading the Terms of Use I was convinced we weren't allowed to use content from ST:AFU, so I worked on a different story instead.

Archived Post 04-06-2011 03:37 AM

Sooooo cooool

Guys, tx again for this mission. Tx for the game.
It's all soooo cooool.

Kapla!

Archived Post 04-06-2011 05:04 AM

yay for the Chodak ? :D .. or Kodak... or w/e the hell they were called.