Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   First Player-Originated 'Equipment'? Foundry Trick! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=210530)

Archived Post 04-07-2011 07:12 PM

Latest Foundry Tricks Here!

1) The Useable Low Gravity Pack

My mission, Across The Multiverse (test it! It isn't on public list yet) starts players on a high ridge. They are 'given' a low gravity pack to assist with the mountainous area. They get to the edge of a cliff and interact with an invisible object with a 'press button on your forearm' animation, and it activates a map-wide low gravity effect. Now they can jump down. On the ground below, to which they must logically go, is a giant reach marker that deactivates the effect.

I'm going somewhere with this...later, if they choose certain options in the right order they need to scale a building. Again they have a prompt to activate and can bound up ledges.

Basically, we now have a new item: the low-grav device. It can be used in certain player made maps. Using gigantic invisible objects laid over each other as both activators and deactivators of the low grav device, you can make it a constant bottom-right prompt to be used at will, and I think that's a freedom players will enjoy

(Giant invisible object with optional interact objective, instead of interact it say 'Activate Low Gravity Device" and completing that objective affects the visibility state of one of the low-grave map-wide effect which stacked 20 deep in case they want to keep activating/reactivating.)

Archived Post 04-07-2011 07:54 PM

i found a across the multiverse but no universe, by your name

Archived Post 04-07-2011 08:17 PM

sorry ya its "Across The Multiverse"

Archived Post 04-07-2011 08:24 PM

Thanks for showing that app for games, needed to find one to replace the previous one that went defunked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek7820
i found a across the multiverse but no universe, by your name

Archived Post 04-07-2011 11:08 PM

no problem, is there a way to adjust the gravity in a map? I would love to alter gravity to just slightly above 0

Archived Post 04-08-2011 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek7820
no problem, is there a way to adjust the gravity in a map? I would love to alter gravity to just slightly above 0

There is a low gravity volume that is a map-wide effect in the Foundry. It reduces gravity by about 30% it feels like. There are no "stronger" effects yet that I know of and I doubt Cryptic will let us have stuff that lets our officers jump on top of tall buildings etc. That would probably wreak havoc with their pathfinding code for the BOFFs.

Archived Post 04-08-2011 07:21 AM

My favorite is:
  • Place interact with objective
    • Place console as interaction objective
  • Place fire FX and rubble
    • Tie fire and rubble via trigger to be visible via interact-with-object objective
  • Send us up the bomb!

Archived Post 04-08-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
My favorite is:
  • Place interact with objective
    • Place console as interaction objective
  • Place fire FX and rubble
    • Tie fire and rubble via trigger to be visible via interact-with-object objective
  • Send us up the bomb!

What elements are your favorite for creating "rubble" on an interior map space? I was looking for some decent "damaged consoles" and didn't find too many for the Borg interior I'm working on. I'd be happy with some generic non-descript piles of interior ship debris but so far haven't found anything I like.

Archived Post 04-09-2011 12:43 PM

Ok I got a new trick, not really a trick but helps in immersion. At the end of my first episode you report whether you think the Bandakari are suitable for acceptance into the Federation. You can say yes or no and the mission ends.

Episode 2 begins (After a 'previously on Star Trek: Across The Universe') with an OOC choice: you need to select if you said yes or no at the end of previous episode and it changes episode two elements and dialogue based on that. Thoughts?

Archived Post 04-09-2011 02:54 PM

I'm finally getting the hang of tying environmental effects to triggers. I use a bunch of smoke, plasma leaks and low-grav in my mission [see the signature] and some triggers to hide them in an optional section where you can repair a Federation starship. Works pretty well, I think!