Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   How do you make enemies your friends? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=211105)

Archived Post 04-12-2011 08:19 AM

How do you make enemies your friends?
 
Just wondering if there is a way to make enemy squadrons friendly... For example could I make Borg squadrons allied with the player?

Thanks,
Quiiliitiila

Archived Post 04-12-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
Just wondering if there is a way to make enemy squadrons friendly... For example could I make Borg squadrons allied with the player?

Thanks,
Quiiliitiila

Bacon usually works.

:D

Real answer: if it's a Starfleet faction mission, reskin Starfleet groups with borg costumes.

Archived Post 04-12-2011 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BorrowedTune
Bacon usually works.

:D

Real answer: if it's a Starfleet faction mission, reskin Starfleet groups with borg costumes.

Bacon always works.

But yeah - the real answer. There are also neutral beasts on the ground that can be reskinned as enemy faction players if you need them on the ground.

Archived Post 04-12-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BorrowedTune
Bacon usually works.

:D

Real answer: if it's a Starfleet faction mission, reskin Starfleet groups with borg costumes.

So will they have the same abilities and stats as the enemy they are skinned as? Or will the Borg be using phasers and photons?

Thanks,
Quiiliitiila

Archived Post 04-12-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
So will they have the same abilities and stats as the enemy they are skinned as? Or will the Borg be using phasers and photons?


Phasers and photons. They'll just have a new skin but will still behave like their root encounter, whatever it is. If you really want it to happen you can try thinking up some kind of explanation for their unusual behavior.

Archived Post 04-12-2011 09:04 AM

The best solution would be for the Foundry to include an alignment toggle. It'd be nice to have whatever factions we want in mission as either enemy, friendly, or neutral.

Archived Post 04-12-2011 09:39 AM

Never tried it but could you not just, after you "kill him", just have him automatically respawn?

Archived Post 04-12-2011 02:24 PM

It depends what you want to do, but if you want these "friends" to fight other enemy groups to give the appearance of a larger battle, you can use invisible walls to separate them from the player.

Say you want the player "allied" with the Borg, and together you want to fight the Undine. Well set up some Borg encounters and some undine encounters to fight each other. Then put in encounters for the player to fight. Between those, put in a nice big invisible wall or two or three. Then it looks like the player is fighting Undine alongside the Borg.

You can go further and tie in the Borg encounter to your mission objective to drop the invisible wall when they are destroyed. So lets say you have to fight an Undine fleet. You set it up so the Borg are outnumbered and should lose the fight every time. You can make the defeat of the Borg group deactivate the invisible wall so the player can come in and clean up the rest of the Undine. Of course if the Borg win, that could cause problems in the mission.

Hopefully that helps a bit.

Archived Post 04-12-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boglejam (Post 3487940)
The best solution would be for the Foundry to include an alignment toggle. It'd be nice to have whatever factions we want in mission as either enemy, friendly, or neutral.

I love this idea and I throw my full support to it. :D


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:21 AM.