Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Quantum Slipstream Drive (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=211166)

Archived Post 04-12-2011 02:54 PM

Quantum Slipstream Drive
 
Hi All,

I STO once you reach the level of Vice Adimral you unlock the ability to use quantum slipstream which should shorten your travel time but I swear when you use quantum slipstream you don't travel the fast. Should the speed inrease, the warp factor says it gone from warp 9 or if you use the borg updates from warp 14 to 20 but the speed is hardly increased that much.


Discuss.

Archived Post 04-12-2011 03:01 PM

When you are puttering along at maximum war and get passed by someone like you are sitting still, you will notice the difference in speed.

That being said, it isn't that much faster than the Borg engines.

Archived Post 04-12-2011 03:04 PM

When I see one of these run by me, it looks like they are doing Double or more than what I am.

Archived Post 04-12-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
When you are puttering along at maximum war and get passed by someone like you are sitting still, you will notice the difference in speed.

That being said, it isn't that much faster than the Borg engines.

With the borg engine u seem to move cover more distance then slipstream and with slipstream it only lasts about when 30/20 secs.

Archived Post 04-12-2011 03:28 PM

The Borg engine is only available by completing the STFs at VA I believe. So it is a technically higher ranked engine than the Slipstream.

Archived Post 04-12-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
The Borg engine is only available by completing the STFs at VA I believe. So it is a technically higher ranked engine than the Slipstream.

Close its when u reach RA. When u reach VA u get the slipstream drive which u can go warp 20, with the borg engine it warp 14. Even after putting the two together it still seems with the borg engine u travel alot faster. Maybe its just me thinking once u reach slipstream it will look cool.

Archived Post 04-12-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
Hi All,

I STO once you reach the level of Vice Adimral you unlock the ability to use quantum slipstream which should shorten your travel time but I swear when you use quantum slipstream you don't travel the fast. Should the speed inrease, the warp factor says it gone from warp 9 or if you use the borg updates from warp 14 to 20 but the speed is hardly increased that much.


Discuss.

if you need to get somewhere fast within your sector slipstream (a short bust of warp 20) is better. if you need to fly though a couple of sectors the Borg engine (a sustained warp 14) is better.
so its how you use them. still id argue that the Borg engine is better because it's benefit is always active...

Archived Post 04-12-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_cool_names_were_taken
if you need to get somewhere fast within your sector slipstream (a short bust of warp 20) is better. if you need to fly though a couple of sectors the Borg engine (a sustained warp 14) is better.
so its how you use them. still id argue that the Borg engine is better because it's benefit is always active...

True. Has there been any news of any improvements? Slipstream looks like its Hyperspace travel from stargate and transwarp is more like wormhole drive. lol

Archived Post 04-12-2011 05:10 PM

Well, ultimately, I don't have an issue. I use the Excelsior which gives me a Transwarp to every sector block and almost everywhere I would need to go is within a slipstream's reach of the transwarp in point.

Archived Post 04-12-2011 10:32 PM

hmm
 
do any skills increase the duration or speed of the slip stream?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:49 AM.