Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   wolf 359 needs an update (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=211224)

Archived Post 04-13-2011 06:13 AM

wolf 359 needs an update

when i joined sto a year ago i went to the first place on the map that im sure every star trek fan went too. wolf 359.
i have to admit i was a little disapointed at what i saw at first but after thinking about it what else was going to be there other than a mass grave yard.

however after thinking about its time for upgrade and i have the answer. when you fly close to the head stone for the fallen your engineer should pop up and say.....

"captain im picking up strange energy reading" with the option to lay in a course.
as you get close to the energy reading you notice its a faint borg transwarp device but like one you have ever seen.
another option should then pop up asking if you want to activate the device.
if you click no you go on your way.
if you click yes you travel back in time where you find yourself waiting with a fleet of ships at wolf 359 waiting for the huge borg ship heading for earth.

would your ship been able to survive?? could you have made the difference no one else could? a true trek fan has wondered this its now time to find out.

Archived Post 04-13-2011 06:35 AM

hmmmm not so much.

while i commend your extra content and story, how does this story play into the situation of wolf 359. at this battle really the first encounter of the federation fleet no weapons the federation had was able to penetrate the borg shields or defenses. its a nice and interesting twist but i think you should try this out in the foundry and see if its good.

My main concern is that you mess with time and canon. while your ship from the future would easily be able to take down the borg cube. Not to meantion that you could be an admiral and thus give orders to the fleet and perhaps save lives but again altering the time line. The borg would notice your different power signature and exploit it. The borg of today would be able to defeat the federation easy now that they have your future tech information. You would not only mess with the time line and the future from wolf 359. you also would have to kill jean luc picard because the only way to defeat the borg from back then was to command then to sleep or destroy the ship.

Archived Post 04-13-2011 06:44 AM

Watch "Parallels"-TNG, thats what could have happened to that long bearded Riker's timeline....

Archived Post 04-13-2011 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis (Post 3489426)
while i commend your extra content and story, how does this story play into the situation of wolf 359. at this battle really the first encounter of the federation fleet no weapons the federation had was able to penetrate the borg shields or defenses. its a nice and interesting twist but i think you should try this out in the foundry and see if its good.

My main concern is that you mess with time and canon. while your ship from the future would easily be able to take down the borg cube. Not to meantion that you could be an admiral and thus give orders to the fleet and perhaps save lives but again altering the time line. The borg would notice your different power signature and exploit it. The borg of today would be able to defeat the federation easy now that they have your future tech information. You would not only mess with the time line and the future from wolf 359. you also would have to kill jean luc picard because the only way to defeat the borg from back then was to command then to sleep or destroy the ship.

ok then how about a visit from Q then? as your ship lay with the dead he pops up and says "maybe you think you could have made the difference" with that he gives you the chance to go back and try with a ship and weapons of the day and without changing the time line in anyway.
there could even be an acolade if you win. would also be good to have your friends/fleet members join you as part of the fleet.

Archived Post 04-13-2011 07:14 AM

I think this sounds like a great idea.

And I definitely think that YOU should create this mission in the Foundry.

Archived Post 04-13-2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon (Post 3489468)
I think this sounds like a great idea.

And I definitely think that YOU should create this mission in the Foundry.

I tried. I'm not the best with foundry anyway but 1 Borg cube dosent last long against 20 plus fed ships. last very last very long using foundry. And besides the wolf 359 area is just sitting there doing nothing why not put it to good use. You could also invite Klingon ships to fight side by side with you as they where present at wolf 359.

Archived Post 04-13-2011 08:41 AM

I am working on something along these lines. I had thought about several ways of getting to WOLF 359.

1. Time travel
2. Q
3. Flashback

4. Holodeck recreation inspired by the event of.

I am working on the 4th option.

Though I feel wolf 359 will be the most re-created event of the series.

Archived Post 04-13-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keeny (Post 3489524)
I tried. I'm not the best with foundry anyway but 1 Borg cube dosent last long against 20 plus fed ships. last very last very long using foundry. And besides the wolf 359 area is just sitting there doing nothing why not put it to good use. You could also invite Klingon ships to fight side by side with you as they where present at wolf 359.

1: use a Tactical cube (extra power/survivability)
2. use only "weak" and "fighter" squadrons and use costumes to make them appear as other ships.
3. The only place that supports cross-faction assistance atm is the DSE's in Gamma Orionaris. Foundry doesn't support it (yet?)

Archived Post 04-13-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuatela
1: use a Tactical cube (extra power/survivability)
2. use only "weak" and "fighter" squadrons and use costumes to make them appear as other ships.
3. The only place that supports cross-faction assistance atm is the DSE's in Gamma Orionaris. Foundry doesn't support it (yet?)

also make sure the ship costumes are from that time line, such as Miranda, Excelsior, & Galaxy. Once we get Oberth throw a couple of them in there to get blown up. Be careful though since it is something that did happen in the Star Trek Universe, your biggest issue will be CBS/Cryptic.

Archived Post 04-13-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCWilliams
I am working on something along these lines. I had thought about several ways of getting to WOLF 359.

1. Time travel
2. Q
3. Flashback

4. Holodeck recreation inspired by the event of.

I am working on the 4th option.

Though I feel wolf 359 will be the most re-created event of the series.

I agree wolf 359 will be the most re-created so why shouldn't cryptic do something with it?