Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Server Maintenance (April 13, 2011) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=211315)

Archived Post 04-13-2011 06:26 PM

Server Maintenance (April 13, 2011)

Greetings Captains!

On Thursday, April 14th from 3:00 AM to 7:00 AM PDT (10:00 AM to 2:00 PM UTC) maintenance will be performed on the billing system, and the Star Trek Online Servers. During this time, you will not be able to purchase Atari Tokens, create or edit subscriptions and purchase digital copies of the game. Purchases made using existing Atari Tokens on an account will be unaffected. The Star Trek Online game servers will also be unavailable during this time. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you,
The Star Trek Online Team

Archived Post 04-13-2011 06:51 PM

Hey gang,

I've edited the original posting to include the Star Trek Online Game servers as well. Tonight's maintenance will unfortunately also require maintenance of the game servers, so you will be unable to log in during the maintenance window. As always, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Archived Post 04-13-2011 11:46 PM

Thanks for the Heads up Stormy. Are there any release notes to follow?

Archived Post 04-14-2011 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IllGottenBooty
Thanks for the Heads up Stormy. Are there any release notes to follow?

Doubtful since this looks like this is just simple maintenance on their end.

Archived Post 04-14-2011 01:17 AM

Could be wrong but I'm thinking this is just maintenance.

Archived Post 04-14-2011 02:10 AM

Servers Not Down

Hi

Just a little thing here the servers arent down yet and its past the time when you said they would go down, + people are still logging on and off.

Archived Post 04-14-2011 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LloydTwoscoops
Hi

Just a little thing here the servers arent down yet and its past the time when you said they would go down, + people are still logging on and off.

At the time you wrote your message, there was still 50 minutes left until the scheduled time for maintenance. Maybe you've been confused with the times?

Archived Post 04-14-2011 02:53 AM

To quote myself from the CO forums :

** Great... So you are taking down both CO and STO on the same time...

Why not take down CO before STO, and then bring it back up slightly before STO goes down, so that we have something to play?? **

Archived Post 04-14-2011 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star-Gazer
To quote myself from the CO forums :

** Great... So you are taking down both CO and STO on the same time...

Why not take down CO before STO, and then bring it back up slightly before STO goes down, so that we have something to play?? **

I suspect it's something to do with the billing system coming down that makes it easier to do both at once.

That said - agreed. I was going to log into CO to give it another go, shan't do that now eh? ;-)

Archived Post 04-14-2011 03:59 AM

Great - yet another night that Australia cant play :(

Come home from a long day - no access.

This aint fair... the load should be shared.