Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Intermittent Account Error (April 14, 2011) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=211461)

Archived Post 04-14-2011 06:29 PM

Intermittent Account Error (April 14, 2011)

We are aware of intermittent issues regarding changes to accounts/subscriptions and purchases of Atari Tokens. At this time, logging into the game and website is un-affected. These issues are being investigated. We currently do not have a resolution ETA. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Archived Post 04-14-2011 09:37 PM

main STO page error

The link on the main page did not send me here, just so ya know.

Archived Post 04-14-2011 10:07 PM

because of the problem and you dont know an eta on a fix, will you extend the sale on life subs and c-store?

Archived Post 04-14-2011 10:53 PM

Question above is a good one. Would like to purchase items from the C-Store, but the possibility of having issues is aa bit of a detterant.

Archived Post 04-14-2011 11:42 PM

oh... thanks for the heart attack :eek:

why does the link go to http://www.startrekonline.com/support instead of here ???

and i still dont get what you even want to tell me? *reads it again*

"changes to accounts/subscriptions" what does that even mean?
and what kind of problems?
are we not supposed to buy anything now or what?

whatever, i just bought my LTA yesterday and everything seems fine :p

Archived Post 04-14-2011 11:50 PM

If we cant buy from the C-Store are they going to extend the sale? Kinda pointless having a sale if players cant take advantage of it! Im actually looking to buy a few things under the sale for my account.

Thanks Cryptic Reply would be appreciated not just for me but for everyone.

Chris

Archived Post 04-15-2011 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG (Post 3492568)
"changes to accounts/subscriptions" what does that even mean?
and what kind of problems?
are we not supposed to buy anything now or what?

Pretty much this.

A little more information as to what the problem actually is would be nice. I don't see any topics in the technical forums that seem to address this (maybe I overlooked something, who knows?). It doesn't even suggest whether we should or shouldn't attempt to buy points. The problem is apparently "Intermittent" so... does that just mean that occasionally a transaction can't be made? Or does it mean that occasionally we'll get billed, but no points? So... what's up?

And of course an update on the status of the problem, and what effect this might have on the sale would be nice as well.

Archived Post 04-15-2011 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy (Post 3492670)
Pretty much this.

A little more information as to what the problem actually is would be nice. I don't see any topics in the technical forums that seem to address this (maybe I overlooked something, who knows?). It doesn't even suggest whether we should or shouldn't attempt to buy points. The problem is apparently "Intermittent" so... does that just mean that occasionally a transaction can't be made? Or does it mean that occasionally we'll get billed, but no points? So... what's up?

And of course an update on the status of the problem, and what effect this might have on the sale would be nice as well.

For me, intermittent has meant "always." I have tried six different ways, two different credit cards, two different browsers on two different days and it still won't allow me to purchase an LTS. I get "We are unable to process your order temporarily. Please try again later. We apologize for this inconvenience!"

Archived Post 04-15-2011 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moxie3000
For me, intermittent has meant "always." I have tried six different ways, two different credit cards, two different browsers on two different days and it still won't allow me to purchase an LTS. I get "We are unable to process your order temporarily. Please try again later. We apologize for this inconvenience!"

Huh. I just tried and it worked for me... *shrug*

Archived Post 04-15-2011 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy (Post 3492810)
Huh. I just tried and it worked for me... *shrug*

Yeah, I'm thinking that something is up with my account because it also failed on me using PayPal!