Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   looking for some experienced pvp commentators! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=211605)

Archived Post 04-15-2011 09:28 PM

looking for some experienced pvp commentators!

Hi guys, were organzing a klingon house war tournament as a way to generate more community in the kdf and add some new user driven pvp in the game.

I am turning to the pros here for some help, here are my ideas:

I'd like to have a livestream or at least a recording with commentators explaining what the teams are doing, why they are doing it and what abilities etc are bieng used.

I can do color/newb cmmentary but I need a player that has a good speaking voice, and an excellent grasp on endgame pvp, ship types and strats to make the action more compelling.

I also need pvp teams, we have 3 confirmed and could use more

the format will be something like 4v4 with two cloaked judge ships, both streaming the match via a service like xfire.

I am not tech savy, so I am reaching out here to get this going I could really use the help :)

sorry for the spelling I'm typing on a smartphone.

Archived Post 04-16-2011 02:58 AM

sound cool. But why not 5v5?

Archived Post 04-16-2011 03:38 AM

Sounds like a very neat idea, Startruck. If you want commentary for something like this, recording with voiceover added later is probably the way to go, the action can become quite frenetic in top-tier PvP, and it might be a bit much to ask for coherent commentary in a "Live" format.

Using something like Livestream, which allows you to save and re-play matches is a good idea, but you still would be limited to the individual that is actually 'broadcasting' the stream... Even if you use one of the judges' ships, it still might be challenging to pull this off, but I commend the effort.

Depending on when you schedule these events, and whether or not you can find a good way to record them, I would definitely be interested in helping you out with this endeavor, but my schedule is a little wonky, but I'd be happy to offer whatever help I can.

-Big Red

Archived Post 04-16-2011 03:44 AM

How does this demorecord feature work? Can it be used in regular play in some way?

Paging RachelGarret, RachelGarret to the PvP forums... RachelGarret is the board's resident expert on that tool, IIRC.

Archived Post 04-16-2011 12:02 PM

wel thanks for the support guys, and I think you are bang on, a post recording commentary would be much more easy to do, and would also let us polish and edit it/better.

here's what Im going to do.

I am finishing up the Foundry tournament hall Sunday, after its. done and published, Ill make a series of threads for registering teams, organizing commentators And a tech crew for recording and sorting out that end.

once we have at least six fleets we can begin the first round and ill get the commentators organzied.

by the end of the event we will have integrated a KDF event with the Foundry, and have an entertaining new format.

Archived Post 04-21-2011 09:25 AM

*pulls up a chair and waits for the PvP commentators to arrive*

Archived Post 04-21-2011 10:16 AM

Sorry but I'm a straight federation Pvpers. I don't have a klingon and never had the interest of making one.

Archived Post 04-21-2011 11:56 AM

If you are going to have a tryout I would be willing. I have at least 1 character on each side at max plus few on both sides at various ranks from cmdr on up.

Wishstone just in case you see my name and are thinking infraction, I think my post follows the guidelines :cool:

Archived Post 04-21-2011 01:22 PM

Our fleet haunt is a klingon pvp centric fleet, we specialize in ground combat. We also fraps some of our matches . I can see if any of them our interested, today is our dedicated pvp day.

Archived Post 04-21-2011 06:12 PM

looks like there is a bit of interest in my fleet. we need to get together message me :D