Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   New PVP channel (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=212124)

Archived Post 04-20-2011 04:02 AM

New PVP channel

Its called New organized pvp

The reason for it is to avoid all the trash talking and drama. This channel is to looking for groups and talk about the game not to start crying or start drama. everyone is welcome if you can follow the very simple rules.

Archived Post 04-20-2011 04:17 AM

the trash talking is part of the fun

Archived Post 04-20-2011 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluepez

The reason for it is to avoid all the trash talking and drama. This channel is to looking for groups and talk about the game not to start crying or start drama. everyone is welcome if you can follow the very simple rules.

I think it is a little overoptimistic that you can change the nature of the PvP community and its behavior. Maybe with strict moderation you can achieve something, but you are just opening yourself up for drama in other form.

it's not like OrganizedPvP wasn't intended about looking for groups and talk about the game and drama was ever a desired feature.

Archived Post 04-20-2011 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluepez

well i personaly feel that if people are talking trash that u just should add them to your ingore list! its the easyest way to avoid the whole situation.

Archived Post 04-20-2011 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deamond63 (Post 3500655)
well i personaly feel that if people are talking trash that u just should add them to your ingore list! its the easyest way to avoid the whole situation.

This works wonders. If they want to start crap let them. Just ignore them. Creating a new channel will fix nothing.

Archived Post 04-20-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hurleybird (Post 3500627)

Dont worry if mikey joins that will change ;)

Archived Post 04-20-2011 08:55 AM

I like my PvP channel with a healthy dose of occasional drama and trash talking, keeps it interesting. Wouldn't be PvP if it was eternally nice and polite. I met some of the people I like and respect most in STO by trading insults with them in OPvP.

Carebears feel free to GTFO, though.

Archived Post 04-20-2011 10:33 AM

When in the last 20 years did peoples egos get so fragile they can't handle a little smack talk. I really hope their bubbles never pop or they will not be prepared for the real world. :rolleyes:

Archived Post 04-20-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Middlemore
Carebears feel free to GTFO, though.

Whereever I go, I am hated and despised. The other carebears don't want me because I love PvP, the PvP people don't want me because I am a carebear. :(

Archived Post 04-20-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hurleybird (Post 3500627)

wont be tolerated in opvp channel. consider yourself warned