Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Trembler 4 NOW LIVE!!! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=212226)

Archived Post 04-20-2011 03:34 PM

Trembler 4 NOW LIVE!!!

Trembler 4 by Commadore_Bob
Starfleet Level 31+
ST-HOQNDF33A

Synopsis: You are sent to the Molan System in the Bajor Sector. You are to assist an admiral prepare for a meeting between her and the Cardassian Ambassador. You find that city of Damar. It is a new Cardassian colony within Federation space. While there are some colonists there, most have not arrived yet and the True Way has taken this opportunity to cause some chaos. Defeat the Cardassians and evaluate the situation on the ground.

NO SPACE COMBAT!!!!
Moderate ground combat and a good bit of text.

This mission is meant to be played open ended. All objectives appear at the same time so you can decide the best way to roam the city. That is why it is basically a one-map project because doing all of the missions takes a while.

Archived Post 04-20-2011 04:52 PM

Your city is very impressive. I have some notes for you about the mission itself, though:
  • Admiral's dialog button - "What special about this world?" missing "is" or something similar
  • Was it really necessary to put her in the tiny shuttle? It was kind of hard to find.
  • Commander's dialog button - "Has there been any major issues?" "Has" should be "Have"
  • seven true way squads? Seems like a lot
  • Why are there mastiffs in the water by the protest area? I thought you were running out of space for citizens in the town. (Okay, I see why you did this now, but it still strikes me as odd. This is only because I knew about details of how you built the map, though, so other people probably wouldn't notice this. Same thing with the massive amount of security officers at the Admiral part.)
  • There's a lot of running around the town. I guess you did this so people would have to look around, but it's a little bit much.
  • Okay, this is what I'm talking about. "Go talk to Gapor." "Go talk to Cardassian Ambassador" "Go greet the Admiral". You just had me run from one end of the map to the other and back for one popup box.
  • Also, seems like you could have come up with better names than "Civilian 1" etc.
  • Another thing that's striking me as odd is that all of the people at these "Peaceful protests" are armed. seems like that would make things a lot more tense in general. I would play that fact up a bit more in the dialog.
  • Civilian 2's dialog - "I love the wildlife here. The Detapa Council really should spend moreresources ensuring this planet stays as prestine as it was when we found it." Space between "more" and "resources", Pristine* is spelled incorrectly
  • Civilian 1's dialog - "This really is a beautiful area. The sunsets are magnificant.I would like it if the True Way would just go away." Magnificent* is spelled incorrectly
  • Admiral's two security guards are called "UGC Contact" still.

Archived Post 04-20-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terral

<snip>

Thanks. I'll take your notes and make required changes. I figured I missed a few things.

Archived Post 04-20-2011 05:48 PM

Version 1.1: Release Notes
  • Fixed some typos.
  • USS Von Braun is now a Sovereign Class ship instead of a shuttle.
  • Talking to the Cardassian Ambassador is now part of the major group of objectives; reducing the amount of total travel time.
  • Removed two Cardassian mobs.
  • Adds text where you ask the Vulcan Ambassador about the protesters carrying weapons and her response of "security sucks, what else are they to do?"
  • Added some civilians who come out after the fighting is over.
  • Cardassian civilian contacts now have names. Objective is still called "Talk to Civilian"
  • Admiral's staff now have names.

Archived Post 04-22-2011 01:05 PM

Version 1.2: Release Notes
  • All objectives appear on the map at the same time. Should reduce amount of running around needed.
  • Away team officer will recommend that you look at your minimap before you get started.
  • Vulcan Ambassador is moved away from the protest group for her own safety.
  • Starfleet security detail should now beam in when instructed to.
  • Civilian contacts' names now appear in the mission objective list.
  • Civilian contacts moved to ensure their safety.
  • Some Cardassian civilians should now be wandering the streets.

Archived Post 04-22-2011 01:50 PM

Version 1.3: Release Notes
  • Fixed another typo
  • Moved the spawn point a little closer to the first objective to further cut down on the roaming.

Archived Post 04-22-2011 08:13 PM

Version 1.4: Release Notes
  • Added some text explaining your diversion from the central plot of the series.

Look, I know this mission is sort of "off-topic" as compared to the rest of the series, but such is the nature of military service. One day you are shooting the bad guys, the next day you are standing in a ceremony, and the next you are back shooting at bad guys. The entire purpose of this mission was to stretch my skills in designing a city. But be patient. This mission will tie into the grand climax. I just needed to lay some groundwork.