Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Mission start and finish. AND UGS Contact issue (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=212231)

Archived Post 04-20-2011 04:16 PM

Mission start and finish. AND UGS Contact issue

In the mission I'm putting together, I play it online and everything seems to be working somewhat.

My mission should be accepted at any time any where. Then the player must go to ESD for further instructions.

Questions;

The description? Is that what the player sees while scrolling through missions looking for one to play?

Mission Grant Dialog? Is that what the player sees when he is researching or accepting the mission?

UGC Contact? I though when I was starting out this mission that the dialog boxes were stating the NAME of the UGC Contact. Now it's saying Talk To UGC Contact. What did I do wrong or is that supposed to happen.

Beaming Out. Once the mission is completed, I've not been able to return to the ship. Is that the way it's supposed to be or do i need to add something.

Thanks in advance.

Archived Post 04-20-2011 04:54 PM

Yes mission description is what u read when searching . Include the mission start point.

The grant mission text is what pops up when you hail contact for mission. Every npc on your map has a name
there is a blank box underneAth this is for map name to replace ugc contact.

Archived Post 04-20-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

In the mission I'm putting together, I play it online and everything seems to be working somewhat.

My mission should be accepted at any time any where. Then the player must go to ESD for further instructions.

Questions;

The description? Is that what the player sees while scrolling through missions looking for one to play?

Mission Grant Dialog? Is that what the player sees when he is researching or accepting the mission?

UGC Contact? I though when I was starting out this mission that the dialog boxes were stating the NAME of the UGC Contact. Now it's saying Talk To UGC Contact. What did I do wrong or is that supposed to happen.

Beaming Out. Once the mission is completed, I've not been able to return to the ship. Is that the way it's supposed to be or do i need to add something.

Thanks in advance.
The description is what the player sees while scrolling throught the missions looking for one to play - it's the text that appears over the ratings. It's also what the player will see when they have the mission and press J to read their mission journal in progress.

Mission Grant Dialog is the first popup when someone picks a mission from the list and presses HAIL. This is the window with the accept mission button.

UGC Contact will show until you enter the name of the character in the "Contact" field. The "name" field is just what the dot is called on your map view, so that YOU can tell what it is. Until you enter the name in the Contact box it will be called "UGC Contact".

Once the mission is completed, the player needs to beam out by clicking on the beam up button next to their minimap. There is no auto-beam out. I believe it's that way in explore cluster missions too. You don't leave the planets or warp out when the mission is over until the player clicks the button to leave on their own.

Archived Post 04-20-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galactrix (Post 3501950)
Once the mission is completed, the player needs to beam out by clicking on the beam up button next to their minimap. There is no auto-beam out. I believe it's that way in explore cluster missions too. You don't leave the planets or warp out when the mission is over until the player clicks the button to leave on their own.

That's one of the problems. In the editor, ground mission, I click on the beam out after the mission is over, nothing happens.

I solved the UGC name problem by changing 'talk to contacts' dialogs to 'popup dialogs' proceded by a reach marker. Nothing I did in the 'talk to contact's part would change the UGC to the character name.

I have just a little more editing to do and figure out the beam out part and I'll be ready for publishing.

Archived Post 04-20-2011 09:31 PM

no beam out

I just went through the full mission. Cover to cover. Still can't beam out.

I'm hoping this is just a bug in the Foundry or maybe while editing missions the beam out when completed doesn't work. Don't know

My last box in the story is a popup dialog proceded by a ground battle.

Any ideas on this one?

Archived Post 04-21-2011 05:20 AM

You can't beam out in the editor preview mode. You have a Return to Editor button for that! I was talking about a published mission.

The place where you put in a contact's name is not in the Talk to contacts part - you have to go to the map, click on the contact and then look at their properties. You'll see a blank place where you enter the name.

Archived Post 04-21-2011 05:38 AM

The tutorials over at StarbaseUGC helped me immensely, when I first started with the Foundry. Unfortunately, Cryptic does not include an in depth manual for it.

Archived Post 04-21-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt.PFDennis
The tutorials over at StarbaseUGC helped me immensely, when I first started with the Foundry. Unfortunately, Cryptic does not include an in depth manual for it.

Yes I agree. I started out with the videos and worked around that. LOTS of trial and error.

Then Galactrix helped out some too. I did finally get the UGC character to display the name after I finally found out where to go to enter it.

I started each text session with a contact box then followed up with dialog boxes. That gives the player a chance to FIND the contact before starting the chat. I couldn't do the same with the ships in space so they could be harder to find.

I went ahead and published the mission, "The Lost Traveler" and tried it out with my main charactor. It took all of three minutes to publish.

I went through and completed a mission and didn't find any flaws or errors. I thought it was a good one really. My ship even got knocked down to 45% at one point which is rare for regular game play. Then I almost got killed on the ground! Rare for me like I say.

One thing, 5 out of 6 times that I tried to play from the editor from the beginning as a test, the whole program would crash and send and crash message to cryptic. Then I'd have to reboot the whole game and let it go through it's system check. Agrivating at best. It's a pretty buggy program.

Anyhow, I'll write another later. This one was, "The Lost Traveler."

Archived Post 04-21-2011 08:57 PM

LOL, I got a review. Why is it that those who can't find their way around ESD are the first to review. LOL.