Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   SS still too strong? 30 seconds chained? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=213306)

Archived Post 04-29-2011 02:15 PM

SS still too strong? 30 seconds chained?

How come everyone is talking about only FAW and when we should be talking about besides faw mechanics being broke still, SS still being way too strong and science team still to this day does not clear it. Is there a thread for this? Otherwise I'll claim that this will be the one.

Archived Post 04-29-2011 02:26 PM

SS has been talked about until everyone is blue in the face. Unfortunately this broken skill is the only semi-effective counter to the broken skill of BFaW.

Archived Post 04-29-2011 02:28 PM

Once again, we rely on broken skills to counter broken skills but there is nothing wrong...

Archived Post 04-29-2011 04:37 PM

That's pretty sad to see that this is still in the game. I bearly play the game except to talk to some friends and log out. Guess I'll be staying out of PvP until the game is fixed. I'm hoping around 2 years till they fix it. After all, we mostly know the track record so far... oh well whatever. Thanks for letting me know. Appreciate it. :(

Archived Post 04-29-2011 05:17 PM

SS, ST bug has been talked about way before bfaw buff was a twinkle in a devs eye.

You can get s ST macro self, dont ask me I dont know how to make them.
or stop firirng and when no weapons are hitting target ST will work on self

The problem is a bug or glitch that cause u to waste a ST on whoever you attack at the same time ST even with no target up.

SS is the number one counter to BFAw these day, so expect to see smart premades to use it and players.

TSI vs RE ( I was a random pug put on TSI team) example both teams were full FAW groups except me but what made the match 15-0 was TSI had SS, RE didi not= RE killed them selves with the help of TSI

SS lets the BFAW teams kill themselves. Since BFAW is banned from EMS, all matters are consider to kill BFAW groups.

Ships new bumper sticker
SS why work let the noobs kill themselves

Ps I still dont use SS3, I hate it, but SS2 is not that bad.

Archived Post 04-29-2011 11:24 PM

Scramble Sensors 2 and 3 Have Random chances to cause you to actually target some one else when trying to activate a power on an intended target. Scramble 3's version is much higher chance, and sometimes will actually cause the used power to hit some one else even though it randomly targets some one else. (Example: You target Player A, Scramble Randomly Targets Player B, but the power effects Player C who wasn't even targeted at all.) Note: I have noticed previously that if effected by a high version of Scramble, sometimes Evasive Maneuvers missfires.

Scramble Sensors 3, the true culprit for being OP, can last for at LEAST 30 seconds at full Aux + at least some training in Sensor Probes. (I also suspect the chance of Random random target might be tied to Sensor Probe Trainings/Deflector Buffs/'Console Buffs, but have not tested this theory)

And the biggest problem, with Scramble Sensors 3, again, is that since it has a HIGH chance for randomized targets, even if you target your self, and point your screen away from you, unless there are NO targets with in 10km from you, or that a power your trying to use can effect, it will be randomly placed on some one else. It's probobly a 1-X chance that it will target you under those situations where X = Number of targets with in range of said power. But that's just a guess.

So, once again:

Scramble Sensors 1: No issues, you can still target your self and successfully clear it from your self. If there is random targeting, it's EXTREMLY low.

Scramble Sensors 2: Random Targeting chance increased. Targeting becomes less reliable then Scramble 1, longer duration with high aux + Trainings in Sensor probes.

Scramble Sensors 3: Random Targering Chance nearly guarenteed. Targeting becomes unreliable. Extremely long duration with high Aux + trainings in Sensor probes. (Max duration is probobly 35-40 seconds speculated)

Archived Post 04-30-2011 11:26 AM

And don't you love it when your Evasive Maneuvers misfires when your scrambled (SS3?). Hate SS with all of my being.

Archived Post 04-30-2011 12:42 PM

Eh....your evasive action "misfired" because of scrambled sensors ? Don't worry, my torpedoe launcher sometimes misfires, because tribbles breed in it.

Archived Post 04-30-2011 05:01 PM

I stopped using Scramble completely because it's pure cheese.

Archived Post 04-30-2011 05:13 PM

science team never fails to cast on self when ur the only targetable in range of 10k. ie: evade sci team cure/re enter battle