Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Five O'Clock Shadow removal (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=213673)

Archived Post 05-02-2011 01:22 PM

Five O'Clock Shadow removal

Not every humanoid male is content to leave themselves with a horrible five-o-clock shadow. Please give us a nice skin selection without it.

Archived Post 05-02-2011 03:37 PM

The OP is clearly against manliness.

Joking aside, sure, more options is nice.

Archived Post 05-02-2011 05:15 PM

Unfortunately, the devs have said this is a limitation imposed by the ESRB. For those of you who aren't from the US, that's the regulating body for video games in this country. Apparently, because it is technically possible to create child characters with the character creator, they have to give males stubble to make it clear they are mature adults. Otherwise the game could not have a Teen rating, because then it would be possible for it to depict violence against children. This same reason has been used to explain why female toons cannot have a smaller bust size.

Archived Post 05-02-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH (Post 3519567)
Unfortunately, the devs have said this is a limitation imposed by the ESRB. For those of you who aren't from the US, that's the regulating body for video games in this country. Apparently, because it is technically possible to create child characters with the character creator, they have to give males stubble to make it clear they are mature adults. Otherwise the game could not have a Teen rating, because then it would be possible for it to depict violence against children. This same reason has been used to explain why female toons cannot have a smaller bust size.

What???!?!?!?!?!

How do FFXI and FFXIV operate - since they are clearly traps?

Archived Post 05-02-2011 11:23 PM

That seems a little odd. Because you can use alien skins to get rid of that stubble, and other games do not require it...like the Final Fantasy games mentioned. And even FFXII and XIII do have child characters that deal with violence, so that doesn't really make sense.

Archived Post 05-04-2011 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treksplorer
That seems a little odd. Because you can use alien skins to get rid of that stubble, and other games do not require it...like the Final Fantasy games mentioned. And even FFXII and XIII do have child characters that deal with violence, so that doesn't really make sense.

Half of the Final Fantasy characters practically scream: "it's a trap!"

I really hope for clean-shaven characters - there's no reason not to.

Archived Post 05-04-2011 01:46 AM

I'd like to request a bigger bust size please? Bigger Boobs for the win.

Archived Post 05-04-2011 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treksplorer

Aliens don't count. They are Aliens, and thus violence against them is okay.

Or rather, it's not covered by the ESRB. Bureaucracy is evil and stupid enough already, imagine they would also create rules that apply to alien creatures from which we don't even know if they exist (or rather are pretty sure they don't resemble anything the alien creator in STO can create).

Archived Post 05-04-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH (Post 3519567)

Why not just give them a package like David Bowie in Labyrinth?

Archived Post 05-04-2011 03:06 PM

at first i was like uhh eseb ratings? but i guess it makes sense...I mean the alien work around for clean shaven i guess makes sense, maybe as they grow older they look like kids and are therefore not children.