Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Earth Spacedock (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Looking for Fleet (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=214343)

Archived Post 05-07-2011 06:37 PM

Looking for Fleet

I'm looking for a fleet to join. Now, I'm pretty particular so I'll describe the type of group I'm looking for. If a group like this exists please let me know.
  • Small- ideally less than 20 people. I don't want to be a face lost in a crowd. Think Cheers, where everyone knows your name because everyone is friends. Not a giant guild where you never talk to a person twice and people come and go without notice.
  • Role Players- A group that immerses themselves in the ST aspect of the game but still plays the game. Fleet uniforms maybe, or RP style chat while playing, but still goes and does stuff in the game.
  • Casual/Active- An active bunch but who aren't on 24/7. Some regular play times where people are online and playing together but everyone also has jobs/lives.
  • Team Fun- A group that works well together and plays in order to play together. Whether this is PVP, PVE, STF, Foundry missions doesn't matter. But having fun together is the primary goal.

Archived Post 05-07-2011 07:07 PM

Check out The 12th Fleet!

I am saying this from a person who has been in your situation in the past. Although the small close nit feel of a 20 member fleet can seem like the better way to go....my experience has not been good with that small of a number. I fell large fleets if managed properly are the best. More members the better as far as activity goes, fleet bank use ect. It is hard to coordinate events and plan missions when you have less of a pool to grab from.

12th Fleet is a very large fleet of very active members all over the STO world. It is also casual. Most of us are in the 30 -35 range with jobs and families. You put in as much time as you want to it. Everyone here is very welcoming and helpful. Fleet Chat is always buzzing with people ready to do a mission with ya. It is very well run and organized and for a large fleet very close nit.

You really should check out "The 12th Fleet" in starbase one on this forum. It will have links to more information for you. They even have an online magazine...how cool is that?

12th fleet is set up with several divisions which all make up and are a part of 12th fleet. I think most divisions consist of less than 50 members. They range from focus on Role Playing, STF's, PVE, PVP and so on.

I have made several new friends in a short time across the fleet and often communicate with members across the fleet when I am on. It is great when I need help or want to do something there is usually someone ready and willing to join me. The fleet is full of very knowledgeable players.

I am part of the Medical Division of 12th fleet which is more heavily based on Role Playing. The Medical Division of the 12th Fleet consists of somewhere around 35 - 40 members. We are a good group of players and I promise you won't get lost in this fleet. I have also been in big fleets where that has happened but this one is not like that.

So if you are looking for that team type feel and RP then 12th fleet might be for you. Medical Division is starting bi-weekly RP missions next week. Go ahead check us out and ask to join Medical Division...it might be the best fit for you. Make sure to tell them Doctor Shelby sent you......

Archived Post 05-07-2011 08:52 PM

We are a over 18 International Fleet so we have people on all the time heaviest population time are 12pm noon to 2am early morning central time zone.

We may be what you are looking for come on team speak and talk to us. try us on for size

Here is our TS info
Server Address: startrekfleet.com
Port: 9987
Nickname: [Your "In Game Name".]
Password: [None at the moment.]

Archived Post 05-08-2011 06:20 AM

I do wish you luck in finding a fleet that fits the bill. I have seen fleets in this thread that are small RP fleets. Just have to check um out.

Archived Post 05-08-2011 02:21 PM

We might be a fleet that fits the bill. The Trust is a close knit group of role players. If your interested please check us out on stotrust.mmoguildsites.com

Archived Post 05-08-2011 04:07 PM

Thanks to everyone whose replied so far. I never expected to get this many posts so quickly. I'm looking over all the websites and will try to talk to some of you in game.

Archived Post 05-08-2011 05:03 PM

I will be available tonight if you wish to speak with me.

Archived Post 05-08-2011 05:51 PM

I am not in this Fleet but know someone who is.
http://daedalusomega.proboards.com/index.cgi
They are very into RP.

Archived Post 05-27-2011 02:41 AM

Be a Particle !

- Omega Particles - is a Star Trek Online Fleet.
We got a forum, this Facebook site and a TeamSpeak 3 server
We're a very social fleet and we enjoy each others company alot

We're recruiting EU time zone players

We want players that are:
-> EU Time zone active
-> Helpfull and social
-> Teamworking
-> Willing to be a part of the fleet
-> 16+ of age

If u want to know more, go to Our Facebook Page

If u want to apply for becoming a member, send a mail to omegaparticles@gmail.com
Use this template

Name :
Playing since :
TeamSpeak 3 knowledge :
Characters in Federation Faction :
Characters in Klingon Faction :
Which faction do you want to join ? (Both is also an option) :
Favorite career (Tac,sci,eng) :
Special Task Force experience :

Looking forward to hear from you