Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Devidian Reruns - Things that still need fixed (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=215230)

Archived Post 05-13-2011 09:20 PM

Devidian Reruns - Things that still need fixed

While playing the re-runs, I can't help but to see that some moments still need fixing.

In Everything Old is New (Episode 4) - No matter how stealthy or how careful a player is, they sitll manage to aggro. So if players are trying to get that Federaiton Accolade, it's near impossible.

In Night of the Comet - the D7 Holoimage is still a K'Tinga than a D7.

So Dev Team, when you got the chance, mind fine tuning these?

Archived Post 05-14-2011 04:49 AM

In response to the first one, this definitely needs to be fixed. I managed to get the accolade on my main character back when the episode first came out, but subsequent attempts always result to nabbing aggro! :mad:

Archived Post 05-14-2011 05:00 PM

Hey... aren't you a Klingon?

I did the Devidian re-run with a Kling and while doing it, I thought of how ridiculous is plays out as a Kling on a Fed Starbase... in the 23 century. One mission has you going to several sections of the occupied base. My Kling interacts with the Feds and no one thinks about having a Kling on a Fed starbase. The best moment is during the last mission, in which, Scotty actually says repeatedly, to my Kling CPT, "Thats a strange uniform you are wearing," so the Kling skull and battle dress don't make him more worried?

I know that this was originally intended for FED characters, but there should be some different responses for a Kling character. :rolleyes:

Archived Post 05-14-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentinel64
I did the Devidian re-run with a Kling and while doing it, I thought of how ridiculous is plays out as a Kling on a Fed Starbase... in the 23 century. One mission has you going to several sections of the occupied base. My Kling interacts with the Feds and no one thinks about having a Kling on a Fed starbase. The best moment is during the last mission, in which, Scotty actually says repeatedly, to my Kling CPT, "Thats a strange uniform you are wearing," so the Kling skull and battle dress don't make him more worried?

I know that this was originally intended for FED characters, but there should be some different responses for a Kling character. :rolleyes:

Back then, Klingons didn't look like that (they had the augment virus that smoothed their forheads) so they couldn't identify you as a Klingon. They think you're just an alien.

Archived Post 05-15-2011 03:43 AM

There's a great line in Night of the Comet where Scotty makes a statement about "What a funny-looking one, you are", if you are playing the mission as a KDF. :D

-Big Red

Archived Post 05-19-2011 12:09 AM

About the accolade, heres how to get it:

1: Leave your BO's at the spawn point

2: Set the BO's to "Passive"

3: NEVER ever shoot if you aggro. If you Die... try again.

4: RUN RUN RUN (have plenty of hypos).

5: If possible ally yourself with a Tac, who uses "Stealth Module", and if possible with someone who is Ambassador (DXP gives big bonus in this mission), and let him do the work on his own (Yes... that means you will stay at spawn as well).

6: Never EVER shoot if you aggro.

7: Don't choose any agressive moves in the mission (say... for example knocking down the Ensign lady at that console).

Now... some may mistakenly claim that if the TOS people shoot at you, you won't get the accolade... Wrong.

I've helped 3 people past that mission so far, we've gotten shot at 2 of thoose times, and using the above method all 3 got their accolade.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Oh BTW: If you need me to help you go through it, try contacting me in-game by a tell @anazonda. If I am on, I am happy to help you (provided I am not in the middle of a mission).