Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Everything Old is New - Trigger happy feds (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=215389)

Archived Post 05-15-2011 10:23 AM

Everything Old is New - Trigger happy feds

So,

The same old bug with the Trigger Happy federation security team is still in effect. The only way to get the "cunning and guile" accolade is to suicide flop your way through this particular floor of the mission, dying repeatedly and hoping it works out.

This was reported broken as of Februrary 19, 2011, and has never been fixed.

Archived Post 05-15-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWyndre
So,

The same old bug with the Trigger Happy federation security team is still in effect. The only way to get the "cunning and guile" accolade is to suicide flop your way through this particular floor of the mission, dying repeatedly and hoping it works out.

This was reported broken as of Februrary 19, 2011, and has never been fixed.

The first time I played through that this week, I did not have to fight Fed Guys. The next 4 times, I did, I was wondering why that was......

I just wound up killing, or (Knocking Out??) everybody to get through it.

Archived Post 05-16-2011 06:45 PM

Greetings and Salutations,

I'm tracking down this issue and so have a couple of questions.

-- Getting the non-combat options in this mission requires that one have accumulated a specific amount of Diplomatic Experience. Could you check what are your characters' levels of Diplomatic Experience?

-- Solar_Searcher, were your repeat plays with the same or different characters?

Thanks in advance for your help. Also, if you could provide the numbers of any bug tickets filed on this issue that would be a big help to getting this resolved.

Archived Post 05-16-2011 06:56 PM

I'm having the same problems. It's not in the section with the dialogue options. It's after you used the Jefferies Tube and you walk into the room where one Security Team is on the left side of the room. No matter how close I stayed to the right wall, they always attack me.

Archived Post 05-16-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaius (Post 3542422)
I'm having the same problems. It's not in the section with the dialogue options. It's after you used the Jefferies Tube and you walk into the room where one Security Team is on the left side of the room. No matter how close I stayed to the right wall, they always attack me.

Ditto. /10 char

Archived Post 05-16-2011 09:38 PM

same problem

I've done this mission many times. The room in question has one crewman passing from right to left across the room and as long as you wait for him to finish crossing if you hug the wall you would avoid notice and be able to use the diplomatic option on the security team in the room with the console. Until now. Now no matter what I do I get fired upon, meaning i have no diplomatic options with the next room, and requiring a second player diversion or repeated deaths to manage to unlock the maintenance lift. Or kill everyone in both rooms and give up the accolade.

So please fix it. I'd like to get the accolade with the last remaining 2 characters who need that mission.

Archived Post 05-16-2011 10:35 PM

My first run of this mission with my Engineer had a strange issue. I want that accolade but the one time I was seeking it out, the security team i the next room from where you exit the Jeffries Tube would run into the room, beam out, and then run down the hallway again to the room, beam out, and so on. I tried to sprint past them when they were beaming out but had respawned at the end of the hallway I was running down. Needless to say, I had to vaporize them all. :D

Archived Post 05-17-2011 02:24 AM

I never suxxeeded to get past that security patrol anyway, so I have given up on that one a looong time ago. :)

Archived Post 05-17-2011 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta (Post 3542796)
I never suxxeeded to get past that security patrol anyway, so I have given up on that one a looong time ago. :)

The Security Patrol is the Easiest Part of that mission. If you wait half way down the ramp, and let them go into the Room to the left, you can Run Up Quickly, and click the console to Lock the Door. No need to fight your way through them....."Crouch" may help there too.

Archived Post 05-17-2011 09:17 AM

If anything they seem more trigger happy. It was at one time fairly easy to sneak past them by hugging the wall. Now they see you regardless of path or timing. Even tried shouting "Squirrel!" No good. they still attacked.