Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Cryptic might be able to sell more C-Store items with this idea (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=216973)

Archived Post 05-27-2011 02:55 PM

Cryptic might be able to sell more C-Store items with this idea
 
I think that each vessel the we buy via the C-Store should come with a free additional ship slot; using this same thought process, any Bridge Officer that we purchase should come with a free slot for them as well.

What do you guys think?

Archived Post 05-27-2011 02:58 PM

That would be nice, but since they sell ship slots aswell, I doubt they will be inclined.

Archived Post 05-27-2011 03:05 PM

I think every ship we buy should come with a holoemitter for that ship skin that works in the device slot of any ship.

And doesn't work in any PVP map for people concerned about that.

Then there would be no more arguing about what should be T5 and what shouldn't.

Archived Post 05-27-2011 03:09 PM

Plenty of good ideas already in this thread!

Archived Post 05-27-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 (Post 3560889)
I think that each vessel the we buy via the C-Store should come with a free additional ship slot; using this same thought process, any Bridge Officer that we purchase should come with a free slot for them as well.

What do you guys think?

Already discussed, basically ending in the fact that ships take up a good amount of data, so the ship slot limit is there to curtail the collectors from slowing down the servers with extra ship data they don't really need. The extra cost of selling ship slots is to pay for the inconvenience of taking up more than your usual share of space.

Archived Post 05-27-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frak (Post 3560911)
I think every ship we buy should come with a holoemitter for that ship skin that works in the device slot of any ship.

And doesn't work in any PVP map for people concerned about that.

Then there would be no more arguing about what should be T5 and what shouldn't.

People do not support that idea of a holoemitter.

I suggested giving a holoemitter for the connie so people could have their T5 but it was shot down.

Archived Post 05-27-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
Already discussed, basically ending in the fact that ships take up a good amount of data, so the ship slot limit is there to curtail the collectors from slowing down the servers with extra ship data they don't really need. The extra cost of selling ship slots is to pay for the inconvenience of taking up more than your usual share of space.

Sorry, but I really do enjoy my own personal shipyards / fleets. ;P

My primary Fed VA is a Sci with about 20 different ships and almost as many BO's. My Tac VA has a more focused inventory but my Engy LG has probably a dozen or more ships for her use. :)

Archived Post 05-28-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 (Post 3560889)
What do you guys think?

[OFFTOPIC]

What do I think? I've been saying this since last year, but I think that critter in your avatar pic (the one Spock's holding) needs to be an ingame non-combat pet RIGHT NOW.

[/OFFTOPIC]

Archived Post 05-28-2011 03:09 PM

Until they figure out some way that it is viable for my captain to fly more than one ship without costly and time consuming respecs, it is pretty much a moot point. I only need a few slots - one for current ship, one for captain's yacht, and one for that other ship I tried and didn't like.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:39 AM.