Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   PvP ZONE (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=217764)

Archived Post 06-02-2011 06:51 AM

PvP ZONE

Simple: I would lkike a pvp zone

Hint: "Me,too!" would be an excellent reply

Archived Post 06-02-2011 07:23 AM

I would love to see systems dedicated to an Open PvP with objectives such as protect/raid key ships and territory control. Those who do not wish to participate in PvP would never have to go to these systems and thus would not be engaged.

However, I do believe there are some restrictions right now game wise. STO is an instanced game with only so many players allowed in an instance before another instance is created. It is why they cannot hold big events with GMs piloting big baddies. Until the game is improved to hold allot more battling players in a single instance or someone comes up with a creative way to keep it Open PvP in the 20 player limit, I don't see this happening anytime soon.

Archived Post 06-02-2011 11:31 PM

Ker RATs --> that way :o

Archived Post 06-03-2011 12:08 AM

We all would.

But there's a better chance of the Enterprise showing up in orbit tomorrow and sending down a nessage saying "Oh hai guyz, all of your predictions about the future are true!" than the Devs acknowledging PvP (let alone content) beyond "Long Term Goals" on the Engineering Reports.

Archived Post 06-03-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

We all would.

But there's a better chance of the Enterprise showing up in orbit tomorrow and sending down a nessage saying "Oh hai guyz, all of your predictions about the future are true!" than the Devs acknowledging PvP (let alone content) beyond "Long Term Goals" on the Engineering Reports.
sadly, i have to agree. the response of the staff to the pvp community has been... disappointing. Unfortunatly, i believe Cryptic is simply going to write off pvp completely. They drove away too many players, and there are no longer enough people interested in pvp to merit their attention.

so, in short, i highly doubt cryptic cares enough about pvp to do anything. there is little to no chance of anything ever coming out for pvp anymore

Archived Post 06-03-2011 12:22 AM

actually, that might work. there aren't enough pvp players left to fill up more than one server anyway

Archived Post 06-03-2011 01:02 AM

As far as pvp content...

I do have hope for it. Not much though. Jesse Heinig seems like a good guy and he popped over here a few times. However, how many devs are there that are good or even decent at pvp?

Yeah...

If people have a passion for it (or have the opportunity to profit from it...) they'll put in the effort to make it good. Cryptic, by and large, doesn't even give it much lip service let alone add content.

With PW buying cryptic there is a good chance the game will go f2p. They can put up more and more pve content and misc stuff (uniform!) in the c store easy. Pvp? Much less lucrative.

Archived Post 06-03-2011 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gx4th (Post 3571727)
As far as pvp content...

I do have hope for it. Not much though. Jesse Heinig seems like a good guy and he popped over here a few times. However, how many devs are there that are good or even decent at pvp?

They don't need to be good. We only request they care.

Archived Post 06-03-2011 04:37 AM

Everybody wants it, and I hate to post on your thread with negative thoughts, but here goes anyway :)

If it has taken this long to NOT change a certain tactical ability, I doubt any of the PvP community have any real faith that anything even remotely like this will ever become a reality.

Does anyone have any idea how many skirts, costumes and handbags need to be made for the C-store before as much as an ounce of development time is put towards PvP?

I think the answer is 'quite a lot'.

Archived Post 06-03-2011 05:32 AM

Ker'rat is a good start, but more would be very cool. But Cryptic has really given PVP very little attention. Things like this and other issues are only going to harm cryptic's credability.