Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Are inactive characters deleted? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=217896)

Archived Post 06-02-2011 09:13 PM

Are inactive characters deleted?

I deactivated my account a while back ago because I lost my job, but now that I got another one, I just reactivated it and when I click on My Characters in My Account on here, it says I have no characters. So.. did he get deleted or something?

Archived Post 06-02-2011 09:15 PM

Your character shouldn't have been deleted due to inactivity, no. I recently came back and had only played a little bit after launch before stopping, my chars were still around. Your chars probably don't show up on the site since their details haven't been refreshed in ages or something. When you log back into the game, your characters will be there.

Archived Post 06-02-2011 09:16 PM

Awesome. Just gotta wait for everything to patch then looks like. Which is going to take quite a while.

Archived Post 06-02-2011 09:23 PM

yeah, the captain's database/my characters pages have been broken for months

Archived Post 06-02-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrazenX
Awesome. Just gotta wait for everything to patch then looks like. Which is going to take quite a while.

Here I assume means the forums, that's been bonked on and off a lot.:p

You're good.

^^Ninja's.......

Archived Post 06-03-2011 03:20 AM

Quote:

You and me both pal, started downloading last night it's now morning and it's only at 80% :o

Archived Post 06-03-2011 04:07 AM

Quote:

I deactivated my account a while back ago because I lost my job, but now that I got another one, I just reactivated it and when I click on My Characters in My Account on here, it says I have no characters. So.. did he get deleted or something?

I reactivated after being gone for about a year and my "My Characters" area was empty as well. Your characters are still there, though (mine were) and after you've logged into them and when the Captain's Database is refreshed, they will show back up in the My Characters area. Now, how often that refreshes is anyone's guess...My main has been a Vice Admiral for a week or so, but it still shows Rear Admiral, Upper Half. But, seeing as how I reactivated at RA Lower Half, it does eventually update. :)

Archived Post 06-29-2011 03:00 PM

I'm facing that issue right now. My account is still active, but I haven't logged in in a couple of months, so now I can't find my Captains on the Captain's Database. I won't be able to log in until July (IRL computer issues, saving for a part) to find out whether or no my characters are ok.

Hopefully they are.

Archived Post 06-29-2011 03:18 PM

they will be, cryptic doesn't delete characters from Holodeck, like I said above, the Captain's Database page on the website is just broken, and it has been for months

Archived Post 06-29-2011 08:11 PM

I am in the same boat and freaked out when I did see my character in the Captain's database. I sent in a ticket and was told, yeah your guy is still there, we just took it off the database to save space. Although, I haven't actually tried to log back into the game, I'm waiting for season 4.