Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Earth Spacedock (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Old player, looking for a new group to game with (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=217988)

Archived Post 06-03-2011 02:23 PM

Old player, looking for a new group to game with

So, originally I didn't want to flood the forums with another "hey I need a fleet" post but here I am doing it anyway.

I've been playing STO casually since closed beta and have spent all of my time with two fleets. One of those no longer exists and the other I started with a friend as a private roleplay group but he doesn't really play STO any more due to financial/family time constraints. Basically I'm looking for a group that would have room for one of my alts and won't care that some of my characters are in another fleet, since that fleet consists of just me and I don't want to get rid of it for nostalgic reasons.. and the fact that I'm using its available bank space as overflow.

A canon group with a roleplay interest would be great, but really I'd go for any group that has room for a casual player mostly interested in PvE since I'm just looking for others to game with. I'd like to transfer either a Science officer @ Captain 2 or starting a new science or tactical officer and leveling them up; or even both. I have an Engineer at VA1 that I can use for higher level stuff until I have another VA but I'd like to keep them where they are.

I'm in the Eastern time zone USA but my hours would probably line up better with Pacific Time, Australia/New Zealand, possibly Europe as well since I sleep at awkward times in the day. Thanks in advance for any help provided. :)

Archived Post 06-03-2011 02:59 PM

Hey there! A lot of us were in the same situation as you are now. I looked around for a fleet and had troubles finding one that was for mature people and had very few rules and regulations.

We are a "mature" fleet with members from 29-60 and we all have work, home improvements and family that cut into our STO time! A balance is always good so we are a casual fleet. We are only 2 months old but we now have 30 active players and all of us are social first and game second. A really great group of people if I do say so myself

We are not an ordinary fleet where you have to beg to move up in ranks we have a ranking system that is based on your in-fleet rank so if you are a Captain in game you have earned the Fleet rank of Captain. If you want to be more involved then we will make you Fleet Admiral and put you to work!

We are trying to have a variety of options so there is some Roleplay (RP) and fleet missions and player on player (pvp). For the RP we have made up a continuing background storyline where officers from the 23rd century that are about to die are scooped up and taken to the 25th century to fight in the war. We have all been working on our bios to fit that storyline (but it is not mandatory)

We all love TOS but since we are in the 25th century now we can use and play with all of the new toys and ships but nothing is more fun to us than to do a pvp all with our TOS Constellation Class or hang out in Quarks with TOS uniforms and start a fight with all of the spinoff supporters. Just joking we love all of starterk!

We have a few UK players and a few players on the west coast and a few players in the east coast that play all the time lol

All that being said please check us out tosfleet.com and if you like what you see let us know.

Mark (aka James Bailey)

Archived Post 06-03-2011 04:18 PM

You are more than welcome to join use in Federation Fleet.

We are a causal Fleet that focuses on Be Fun Fair and Friendly.

As for your alts that you want to stay in your own fleet... Not a problem. We have a Faction chat that will let you chat and play with the fleet, even while on any of your toons. Not to mention on the voice comms. There are a few others that have there own fleets and are part of Federation Fleet. There is one that dose not even have a toon in fleet, but is still part of our family.

Im sure you will fit in just fine.

Archived Post 06-03-2011 04:20 PM

Wanted! Friendly and sociable Trekies!
Federation Fleet is an all friendly, mature, helpful multifaction all encompassing Fleet.

Established before STO was released we have a Membership from all around the World including good sized groups of EUROPE, USA and ASIA members.

Excellent voice comms and Fleet chat! We are a well established fleet with members ranging from brand shiny new players to battle hardened veterans of the wars across the galaxy! ^^

Feel free to join in the fun with us!

Plenty of opportunities to make your mark in an excellent, happy and fun gaming community.

Feel free to look us up in game, and Check out Our Web Site:
FederationFleet.GuildLaunch.Com
for more info and Application.

Archived Post 06-04-2011 02:16 AM

Hi there Captain Shephard,

3rd Fleet does not have multi-fleet rules. We are a mature fleet in such that we get that life happens so there are no demands on game-time.

I wouldn't say that we are a dedicated canon group but we do have a keen eye for what is in keeping, we do have some RP, but I'd consider it light RP.

Our forte is that we are a large international fleet, so this means we have members on through most time zones with definite peaks in US and EU evenings. We organise STFs and joint fleet actions and other fun and games but we also have a lot of ad hoc teaming so you'd definitely find the company you are looking for.

Look us up at http://www.3rdfleet.com
Or check our vid at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42p-B1wWDuE&hd=1

Archived Post 06-04-2011 05:30 AM

Take a look at the VKF as well as other fine Fleets

Hello Captain Shephard, Take a look at the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet as we may have what you are looking for. You can also check out our recruiting thread here at Starbase one.

We are focused on fun and enriching gameplay, have members in various timezones and playing schedules, have an extensive fleet bank, and a Teamspeak3 server. We don't have lots of hard and fast rules (any really). RL always comes first, and the fleet exists just to serve its members' needs. We want no drama (other than in light RP perhaps), and just want to enjoy teaming with each other. We know how much better it is to team with friends than a PUG, you actually get people helping to support your style of play and complementing it with their own - mutually supportive for each player's strengths.

Regardless of where you end up, feel free to team with any of us anytime. Live Long and prosper!