Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Klingon Empire (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=218415)

Archived Post 06-07-2011 11:39 AM

Klingon Empire
 
I am going to get jumped on by lots of hardcore klinks here.... but I have to ask the question.

Why are we still encouraging Cryptic to "Complete" the Klingon Faction?

I think its time we Klinks Realize our Faction will NEVER grow to a point for Cryptic to push hard to create Klink content to grow it further. The empire my friends is dying.

I would suggest... that perhaps its time for Cryptic to End the War between the Federation and Klingons in game... Allow Klingon players to Team properly with Federation players.... Allow Klinks to Fly Fed ships and sell them new fancy klink version Fed ship skins on the Cstore. Don't let Federation players touch the Klink ships. (No Federation Captains in cannon would trade there ships for klinks)

However make it MUCH easier for players to level there Klingons. Create a new Level 1 Klink tutorial that explains the peace process... let them protect the talks from Undine or something. When the tutorial is over, allow the player to progress with what little Klingon content there is.... Or hail the Federation Mission givers and get a modified Mission giving text... but Do the EXACT same misisons. (The federation would like to request Klingon assistance in the Beta Ursa Sector... ect ect )

Boom the Klingon instanly becomes a fun faction for people to play through for pve.... We can Delete all the FvK ques and just have an ARENA que.

This might seem like sacrilege, and anti Klingon. However its not intended to be. Its time for Cryptic to Admit that they will NEVER have the time to bring the Klingon Faction to Parity with the Federation Faction. This seems to me like a fairly quick way to bring the entire player base to one side... and offer a new way to experience the game.

I will be waiting with my 20 bucks... to get my Klingon Intrepid complete with Klingon Pirate Skin.... :)

Archived Post 06-07-2011 11:43 AM

I was just saying how it should have been K&F vs the Romulans from the beginning, and there should be "team bonuses" that you get if you fly a fluffy setup. So if for example, you flew an all Klingon team, youd get a damage bonus. If you flew all feds, youd get a defense bonus. Or you can take advantage of both side and have mixed teams, but no bonus.


But yea, it would make for interesting combinations.

Archived Post 06-07-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Husanak (Post 3577606)
I am going to get jumped on by lots of hardcore klinks here.... but I have to ask the question.

Why are we still encouraging Cryptic to "Complete" the Klingon Faction?

I think its time we Klinks Realize our Faction will NEVER grow to a point for Cryptic to push hard to create Klink content to grow it further. The empire my friends is dying.

I would suggest... that perhaps its time for Cryptic to End the War between the Federation and Klingons in game... Allow Klingon players to Team properly with Federation players.... Allow Klinks to Fly Fed ships and sell them new fancy klink version Fed ship skins on the Cstore. Don't let Federation players touch the Klink ships. (No Federation Captains in cannon would trade there ships for klinks)

However make it MUCH easier for players to level there Klingons. Create a new Level 1 Klink tutorial that explains the peace process... let them protect the talks from Undine or something. When the tutorial is over, allow the player to progress with what little Klingon content there is.... Or hail the Federation Mission givers and get a modified Mission giving text... but Do the EXACT same misisons. (The federation would like to request Klingon assistance in the Beta Ursa Sector... ect ect )

Boom the Klingon instanly becomes a fun faction for people to play through for pve.... We can Delete all the FvK ques and just have an ARENA que.

This might seem like sacrilege, and anti Klingon. However its not intended to be. Its time for Cryptic to Admit that they will NEVER have the time to bring the Klingon Faction to Parity with the Federation Faction. This seems to me like a fairly quick way to bring the entire player base to one side... and offer a new way to experience the game.

I will be waiting with my 20 bucks... to get my Klingon Intrepid complete with Klingon Pirate Skin.... :)

But but but I like war :(

Archived Post 06-07-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FurQue
But but but I like war :(

I know, I want to kill feds too... perhaps they should watch there RPing backsides if they invite us to ESD. LOL

Archived Post 06-07-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagles (Post 3577613)
But yea, it would make for interesting combinations.

Ohhh just give us one real sci ship. lol

I would have to think this would even make pugging more fun, I know many klinks seem to be running Dumb no dmg cruisers as well these days. However ending up with a couple more dmg ships on a team will only help with some of the silly hour long pug fed v fed matches I have heard about. ;)

They could do a lot of interesting things with very little effort put into it. The ships already have fairly good balance so there would be no massive move to the bop or the raptor or any other one ship.

Honestly I think if Cryptic wanted to commit to something like this... one month tops... And they could be selling Federation Klink Pirate Skins...

They could even VERY quickly Whip out New not New Refits. (intrepid Klink class could loose the abladive Gen for sometype of offensive toy.)

How about a Delta Flyer with a borowed Battle Cloak... why not.

So many quick and dirty C Store Sales. lol

If they gave feds an option to get to Qo'nos... if they where max Diplomats, heck perhaps we get that Qo'nos Makeover.

Archived Post 06-07-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagles (Post 3577613)
I was just saying how it should have been K&F vs the Romulans
Sniped

Another quick and dirty fix... You all want to see romulans in game in less then 3 months?

K and F are holding hands now..

Roms are released as true MONSTER play.

You must have one full level toon to unlock the Rom Faction... there are no missions there is no PvE.
Just the standard 4-6 ships... you get to pick one ship you get 1 respec
Setup a PvP Currency system.... and a PvP Rom Store that sells respecs and weapons better then the standard greens on the ship when you buy it.
Cryptic can still Sell special ships... respecs to Roms...

Again min effort, lots of pay off $$$.

Archived Post 06-07-2011 12:02 PM

I think you bring up a valid point but I have to admit I don't like it. What I really think they should do is simply get rid of FvF or at least eliminate any rewards earned through FvF. If people get stuck waiting in ques that are too long then perhaps some of those long time KDF who are playing feds now might actually return to help balance the numbers. Another idea that is incorporated in many MMO's that have different factions is to increase XP bonuses to the side that is short on population. There are plenty of things they can do to fix the game population balance except it would take the management to be somewhat competent.....I know that might be asking for too much. Perfect World really just needs to fire a few of the bozos.

Archived Post 06-07-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajorFury (Post 3577653)
I think you bring up a valid point but I have to admit I don't like it. What I really think they should do is simply get rid of FvF or at least eliminate any rewards earned through FvF. If people get stuck waiting in ques that are too long then perhaps some of those long time KDF who are playing feds now might actually return to help balance the numbers. Another idea that is incorporated in many MMO's that have different factions is to increase XP bonuses to the side that is short on population. There are plenty of things they can do to fix the game population balance except it would take the management to be somewhat competent.....I know that might be asking for too much. Perfect World really just needs to fire a few of the bozos.

I can't really argue. I admit to playing fed more then I want to... I don't want to sit somewhere waiting for pops.
I also love my klinks... I just think if Cryptic is going to let us languish and die a slow death, they can stick it.
At least if they bring us together and let us team, we can fly the faction and the ships we love. It could breath some new life into PvP in general which seems to be dying. I agree with you on the rewards.... in fact another quick and simple idea... WHY not have EVERY WEEKEND be a Double Klink Reward weekend. Get some more blood playing klink.

Perhaps we should just wait and see what Perfect World does... Really though been so much waiting as it is. Just trying to think of ways things get fixed FAST.

Archived Post 06-07-2011 12:17 PM

Well it took us about 5 minutes to list some ideas that could help fix things quickly. The problem really is Cryptic and the guy who is in charge.....I wont name him because he gets all emo and they slap me with suspensions and warnings every time I do. This is the same company who cant take 1 of the hundreds of maps they have for pve and introduce them into pvp because it takes too much programming resources?! DStahl simply does not like PvP and has made that extremely clear since he has been running the show.

Archived Post 06-07-2011 12:31 PM

The Truth is Often Said In Jest
 
Sounds a little like throwing our hands in the air and calling it quits. What a way to end a war, right? lol

I personally feel like Klinks don't need all of the PvE attention that some have been clamoring for. With the huge disparity that already exists, Devs are continuing to push out Fed content (even redoing existing Fed content - reruns, really? Who crapped that gem out?) with no regard for the Klinks. Give greater rewards (and more missions with rewards) to make leveling through PvP more appealing (or at least doable anymore). I'm also with Blackjack about FvF not counting for anything. You should only be rewarded for FvK and there should be a larger gap between what the winning side gets over the losing side (still no winner take all).


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:38 AM.