Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   ask cryptic june (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=218479)

Archived Post 06-07-2011 09:23 PM

ask cryptic june

So.... I noticed that the usual one pvp related question was answered. And good lord I hope its true. Possible open pvp for season 4? O_O pleeeeeeease!!!!!

So who thinks it'll actually happen for season 4? Annnnd how long is season 4 supposed to be before season 5 come around?

Archived Post 06-07-2011 09:44 PM

I hear you, and we're basically on the same side of the issue, but man...

You know cryptic and pvp, just don't hold your breath

Archived Post 06-07-2011 10:09 PM

One can only hope that it comes maybe not right when Season 4 launches but at least 2 months down the line..

Archived Post 06-07-2011 10:22 PM

Not so sure about open PvP maps for season 4 my guess would be a few months after the launch of it.

also I can't wait for the ground combat revamp... maybe we will see a few more all ground PvP fleets and players pop up :)

Archived Post 06-07-2011 10:25 PM

Season 5 is more or less officially planned for Fall 2011. So let's say July bugfixing and adding features which didn't make it in time for the release... August new FE and start working on new features... so I wouldn't expect OPvP before September.

But this heavily depends on what they plan. If they just take a map, set the population limit to 20 and the battles there have no influence for the rest of the game I could see it happen in July.

Archived Post 06-08-2011 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matteo716 (Post 3578423)
So.... I noticed that the usual one pvp related question was answered. And good lord I hope its true. Possible open pvp for season 4? O_O pleeeeeeease!!!!!

So who thinks it'll actually happen for season 4? Annnnd how long is season 4 supposed to be before season 5 come around?

I think we have to start learn (i need, definitely) some groud pvp. I hope I am wrong, but I think until december we will not see anything of anything in pvp.

But, what the problem? U will have some new uniforms and badges.

:o

Archived Post 06-08-2011 05:54 AM

Perhaps they are referring to possible a Ker'rat revamp? Maybe they wont just nuke it outright.

Archived Post 06-08-2011 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashvitto
I think we have to start learn (i need, definitely) some groud pvp. I hope I am wrong, but I think until december we will not see anything of anything in pvp.

But, what the problem? U will have some new uniforms and badges.

:o

Maybe we're lucky and we get something in September, but I found December or early 2012 reasonable. Not good, but reasonable according to the capabilities Cryptic has shown to have in the past.

Archived Post 06-08-2011 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully (Post 3578795)
Maybe we're lucky and we get something in September, but I found December or early 2012 reasonable. Not good, but reasonable according to the capabilities Cryptic has shown to have in the past.

December or early 012 could be resonable if I had had even a small improvement until Feb. 2010.... But you are right, Reasonable in according to them capabilities.

Archived Post 06-08-2011 09:30 AM

I caution people to consider the possibility that this is just BS to keep your hopes up and to stay subscribed. They have done this in the past many times after all.