Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   There MUST be a T5 Akira! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=218503)

Archived Post 06-08-2011 04:34 AM

There MUST be a T5 Akira!

The latest Ask Cryptic.
Quote:

Q: Rexy The Akira class ship was designed as part of Star Fleets response to the Borg threat, and is a newer ship design then the Defiant, Galaxy, Nebula, and Excelsior classes, which are T5 ships. So, when are we getting a t5 Akira?

A: We are scheduled to release an enhanced version of the Akira to be released sometime during Season 4, but we are still on the fence about whether or not we will release a Vice Admiral variant of the ship.
I cannot emphasise how much there must be a T5 Akira, Its horribly misplaced as is as a T3.
The Akira is both newer and more powerful than the T4 & T5 retrofit that is the Defiant.
And it is definitely vastly more powerful than a puny Excelsior Class starship.

But most of all, the Akira is Cryptic's flagship.
It proudly adorns the cover of the the Gold Edition of STO.

Archived Post 06-08-2011 04:36 AM

Akira is an ugly ship...

Archived Post 06-08-2011 04:38 AM

I would like to see a Tier 5 akira, depending on the boff list I would probably replace my fleet with it.

Although before that I would like to see an Ambassador class. :D

Archived Post 06-08-2011 04:41 AM

if not T5, I am curious as to what this "special" feature might be.

though yes, i would fly one at t5...

Archived Post 06-08-2011 04:42 AM

the Akira does at the very least deserve to be a tier 4.

i would support a tier 5 as i love the design.

Archived Post 06-08-2011 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexraptor (Post 3578698)
The latest Ask Cryptic.
The Akira is both newer and more powerful than the T4 & T5 retrofit that is the Defiant.
And it is definitely vastly more powerful than a puny Excelsior Class starship.

Memory Alpha lists both the Defiant class and the Akira class having been commissioned in the 2370s. The DS9 Technical manual has an armament of 10 phaser banks and two torpedo launchers listed for the Akira. And the thing about the Excelsior is just speculation. :cool:

Donīt get me wrong, Iīd like to see a T5 Akira. Just donīt make things up or present speculations as facts please. :o

Archived Post 06-08-2011 04:46 AM

Sure... We need it.. It is logical

*After* the KDF have recieved no less than 7 new ships (including SVs at every tier, as well as an option for a Offensive SV - A LtC Tac Cruiser wouldnt be bad either)

Archived Post 06-08-2011 04:48 AM

No.

Besides, they said "no T5 ships for a long while".

Archived Post 06-08-2011 04:58 AM

YES.

This ship is great ! :cool:
I want a T6 Akira

Archived Post 06-08-2011 05:05 AM

the ask cryptic just said they were going to do it...

my guess is that it will have an engineering Ltcom station, but that kind of breaks the trend set by the excelsior and nebula added at tier 3 and tier 5, this is just the existing tier 3 getting a tier 5 refit. no gimics please, i want all 9 consoles.

before they do add it the NEED to fix the top fore phaser array hardpoints, they are still on a tiny little strip, and not on the large array that was added when the model got touched up months ago. you know its going to be popular to run this with beam arrays and FAW, might as well get the hardpoints right.

this is also thier chance to add the real steamrunner, norway, and something else to tier 3 and move the akira and the 2 cryptic designs to tier 5 permanently.