||06-09-2011 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by snix
I've checked in a fix for carrier attack pets that does the following:
- If the attack pet's primary target cloaks (and the pet is outside of its detection range) it will now attack another enemy target until its primary target comes back out of cloak.
- If the attack pet's primary target dies, they should no longer fly toward the respawn location of that target.
- Scramble Sensors now affects attack pets.
This fix should arrive on Tribble at the end of next week.
This is helpful, and I appreciate the effort... but, could I also ask for three other things, because Carrier Pets right now are dumber than posts; and while this change will help; it's still going to leave the little guys pretty uhm... less-than-brilliant on most occasions.
1) We really just need some basic button-based controls. Please, please think about adding them, it's the single most irritating part of playing a carrier at present, and it's not even something that can be excused by realism (even in a Star Trek sense.) My preference would be for a space equivalent to the Bridge Officer controls, enabling you to control all flights at once, or each flight individually.
2) Could you get the fighters to smarten up about Warp Core Breaches? Right now they just hang around a defeated enemy unless *immediately* reassigned, Since there's no pet control buttons, if there's not an enemy in visual distance, they'll just explode by standing around the warp core when it goes off. It also just plain looks stupid. (Or at least, makes the pilots look like idiots.)
3) When an enemy target turns Friendly; like during the various Transport Raids done by Gozer, the pets keep attacking the now-friendly ship, and will not change target until it's dead. This isn't as big an issue on some other maps where disabling a ship and then boarding it is part of the mission (though it is annoying if you disable it earlier in the mission and have more fighting to do)... but on the transport raids it makes doing the various bonuses in a carrier near impossible.
Really button based controls would fix the other two as well.