Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Fleetyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   What do we want in a BOP (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=218665)

Archived Post 06-09-2011 10:15 AM

What do we want in a BOP

I ask you as fellow warriors, what is it you want out of your BOP? what i want is essentially what we saw in the great battles of DS9. i want to be able to fly along the hull of a ship 15 times my size strafing his hull with disruptors and watching him go boom in my rear view mirror.... is this the general consensus?

maybe not have them explode behind you, but I definitely want to make hit-and-run a viable tactic. Right now, you can de-cloak, hit a cruiser, re-cloak, and in 2 seconds they have 100% shields and health again.

I wouldn't mind a third rear weapon slot on the tier 5's. I'd like a third turret for a tad more DPS, and the ability to swap out for a tractor mine launcher whenever I manage to get in to do KA.

it would be nice if our Hit-and-run tactics did more damage. it is a "Battle Cloak" after all, if I decloak and unload on my target with all I have before hitting the after burners and vanishing into the night I'd like it to have a use. Did PvP test against a fleetie of mine in a star cruiser. After a few minutes of snickering as I decloaked just long enough to pop off a torpedo and having him g "what was that?" we did a serious "Alpha strike test." my BoP, with its decloak buff. alpha, omega, weapon battery, and all sorts of tack buffs like rapid fire and high yield got an SC down to 83%. But this required me standing still and him not poping anything to heal himself in the process. At the same time after he'd healed, he buffed and hit me. down to 30% hull. (thought i'd blow up but hey more power to me).

Anyway, despite my complaints as I sit here I recall the purpose of the BoP. Packs. We need to work with other ships. I decloak, hit a ship, bring its facing down, recloak, and while it ponders where I am the Negvar I brought with me introduces its weak facing to a world of paaaain.

BoPs promote teamwork.

it's brilliant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright (Post 3494356)
I wouldn't mind a third rear weapon slot on the tier 5's. I'd like a third turret for a tad more DPS, and the ability to swap out for a tractor mine launcher whenever I manage to get in to do KA.

it would be nice if our Hit-and-run tactics did more damage. it is a "Battle Cloak" after all, if I decloak and unload on my target with all I have before hitting the after burners and vanishing into the night I'd like it to have a use. Did PvP test against a fleetie of mine in a star cruiser. After a few minutes of snickering as I decloaked just long enough to pop off a torpedo and having him g "what was that?" we did a serious "Alpha strike test." my BoP, with its decloak buff. alpha, omega, weapon battery, and all sorts of tack buffs like rapid fire and high yield got an SC down to 83%. But this required me standing still and him not poping anything to heal himself in the process. At the same time after he'd healed, he buffed and hit me. down to 30% hull. (thought i'd blow up but hey more power to me).

Anyway, despite my complaints as I sit here I recall the purpose of the BoP. Packs. We need to work with other ships. I decloak, hit a ship, bring its facing down, recloak, and while it ponders where I am the Negvar I brought with me introduces its weak facing to a world of paaaain.

BoPs promote teamwork.

it's brilliant.

I'd like to ask something if you don't mind:
Were you both standing still during both rounds of fire-testing?
If you were, it was indeed not entirely representative.
When both ships are moving the BoP has a better chance to be missed due to its higher defensive bonus.
There was a saying from the "inventor" of the historic battlecruiser concept, Sea Lord John Fisher "Speed is armor".
Even though history did not entirey agree with him, at least in this game there is some truth to it.

I don't think the problem is that we don't deal enough damage, it's that they heal it too rapidly, I can tear up science ships, tactical ships, and some engineers(rarely), with a single pass with my full buffs.

Ive even destroyed ships that had full shields and hull with my alpha strike attack flyby if they didn't have good defensive buffs up, in kerrat, and no the Borg were not on them at the time. In matches I can do the same but they are constantly looking for attacks then so it's not as easy.

In matches I still dO ablot of damage, but heals are way too overpowered, 1v1 on some cruisers, and I am guarenteed tolose the fight, I cant match their heals, and they still deliver good damage, often, just not as high.

In star trek single passes dont destroy ships, typically, but neither do they heal up damage in a few seconds, shields take time to recharge as well. They need to worlk on the balance between healing and damage, not give us more damage because then those one pass kills become common occurrences, and if they survive they heal up everything from 10% in 3-5 seconds. Lowering the rate of healing and maybe making it more drawn out slow heals would be the way to go.

I'd like a BoP which doesnt keep exploding when my enemy dies, its like the hull has been made out of tissue paper when I lose 30% hull points through shields.

A T5 refit with 'advanced cloaking' that doesn't come out of cloak for every damn thing it does.

BoP

I want +15 power to ALL systems, since this is a universal ship, and since its a Bird of Prey, I want it to be even faster, when I come in for a strafe, and when im exiting weapons range.

I agree with what was said about the heals, i can get most things down in a single pass, or down to 15% or so fully buffed super tactical alpha strike, but i absolutely have to have a stun for the usually last 5-20% or they will be back up to full health and full shields in all of 5 seconds(not counting if he has friends healing him).

i had an idea that would satisfy my wants in a BoP, actual size scaling.... my BoP is the size of a galaxy class saucer, i want a new T5 costume, that actually changes the size of the ship to, well a more accurate ratio. hell id even buy it in the C store(if it was not outrageously over priced)

I wanna see birds of prays that can survive more then 11 seconds vrs a cruser :p