Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Fleetyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   QulDun BoP weapons placement (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=218666)

Archived Post 06-09-2011 10:16 AM

QulDun BoP weapons placement

Is there some way to place weapons on different parts of the ship?

Currently, I've got disruptor arrays firing from the weapon mounts on the end of the wings and the cannons firing from the main hull. I'd like it the other way round, but can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks.

HMM, what can I say except "NO"?
I wish I could say more but there is no other answer...

Change the placement on the paperdoll and see if they change ingame?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mister_dee
HMM, what can I say except "NO"?
I wish I could say more but there is no other answer...

There's also the alternative of a polite answer which would have resulted in you writing less text than you did. Thanks for the answer all the same.

Quote:

Change the placement on the paperdoll and see if they change ingame?
Thankyou Roach. Voodoo doesn't work, I already tried it.

So, is this something that's been brought up before, but Cryptic has no intention of changing?

Or does no one really care and just get a Raptor instead?

I could have circled around a clear answer of course, but the result is still the same.
I could have said "Unfortunately not, I'm sorry."
But why should I feel sorry for something I did not do?

I kept using the BoP through all tiers on my Tac, getting used to its quirks, its trenghts and its weaknesses.
And I don't think Cryptic is interesed in any changes to the ships.
We've been discussing some of the oddities of the various BoP models for over a year and the only model they changed was the B'rel, and that was primarily due to the fact it got a T5 refit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igard81 (Post 3397786)
Thankyou Roach. Voodoo doesn't work, I already tried it.

So, is this something that's been brought up before, but Cryptic has no intention of changing?

Or does no one really care and just get a Raptor instead?

I believe it is merely a graphical error on the Devs part and is deemed low on the priority list is all. It has no effect on weapon function though and should not impeded your gameplay.

As to Mister_Dee. His first answer may be short but I do not think it was meant to be mean spirited.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roach (Post 3397869)
As to Mister_Dee. His first answer may be short but I do not think it was meant to be mean spirited.

Okay, this is getting scary.
Look at my post in the "Klingon Gameplay" thread.
It was posted at the exact same minute as yours and I also used the phrase mean spirited.:eek:

It wasn't my intention to imply you were being 'mean spirited' mr_dee, just that typing 'NO?' in capital letters was sort of harsh given I was only asking a question.

A simple 'Unfortunately not' would have sufficed. You're correct, no need for an apology, though I wasn't looking for one either.

Anyway, I do appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

Roach, It's just an immersion thing, nothing more really. I'm used to playing Starfleet Command II where I used a few mod tools to design my own ships, so I'm pretty demanding when it comes to little things like this. :)

I'll be more careful with caps in the future.;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mister_dee
Okay, this is getting scary.
Look at my post in the "Klingon Gameplay" thread.
It was posted at the exact same minute as yours and I also used the phrase mean spirited.:eek:

(cues eerie music)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igard81 (Post 3397948)

Roach, It's just an immersion thing, nothing more really. I'm used to playing Starfleet Command II where I used a few mod tools to design my own ships, so I'm pretty demanding when it comes to little things like this. :)

No worries. I too wish for more stuff in many areas and find the lacking in others as well.