Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Fleetyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Question reguarding BOP Refit (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=218667)

Archived Post 06-09-2011 10:16 AM

Question reguarding BOP Refit

I thought I read somewhere that the BOP refit had been nerfed beyond recognition, I am wondering what exactly was done to it? I really like the ship design over the regular bop so knowing what is broke or has been nerfed would help alot, thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zurganus
I thought I read somewhere that the BOP refit had been nerfed beyond recognition, I am wondering what exactly was done to it? I really like the ship design over the regular bop so knowing what is broke or has been nerfed would help alot, thank you.

The T5 B'rel has an issue with being made visible while cloaked from heals. So if someone slaps Hazard on you, it will make you visible for 15 seconds (without shields I may add). Also when you fire torpedoes it will take you out of cloak for 3 seconds without shields.

Also I was hoping Chang would quote Shakespeare like This anytime I used my torpedoes while cloaked :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrekTheStars
The T5 B'rel has an issue with being made visible while cloaked from heals. So if someone slaps Hazard on you, it will make you visible for 15 seconds (without shields I may add). Also when you fire torpedoes it will take you out of cloak for 3 seconds without shields.

Ouch, ok, was hoping it wasnt as bad as the person made it sound, I was wrong. :(

As bad as it may sound, I still fly it and love it! It's fast and turns better than anything...even the other BoP. Pick a good BOff layout and have fun! :D

This is the only ship I will fly till I get my T5 D7...unless something truly Klingon and unique comes out first.

I would probably use it if it had a normal battle cloak.

I have fun with the ship, its really a great hit and run ship. turns on a dime. And has pretty good dps and speed. So get a good boff layout, and cause havoc. And dont stay around to long in pvp match in furball.
Just hit and run. Oh and you do not cloak when you drop mines.

hm, which BOff do you recommed for this retrofit + skills?

Well I'll post mine but some might think it's a crazy build but I love it! My build is made to just add confusion to the battleground.

I'm a Tac Captain

Cm. Tac: Omega 3, Beam Overload 3, Beam Overload 2 and Tac Team 1
LtCm. Tac: High Yield Torp 3, High Yield Torp 2 and Tac Team 1
Lt. Eng: Eng Team 2 and Power to Aux 1 (this will change most likely to RSP 1 or Power to Damp 1and Power to Engines 1)
Lt. Sci: Tractor Repulse 1 and Polarize Hull 1

*added*
This build isn't for everyone. It has very low survivability but works great for Hit n Runs :D

and for PvE?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristyna
and for PvE?

That really depends on what you want to do. With solo PvE, I use this build and have no problems. You might have to cloak or run away if it gets really bad but the good news is, you have full uni BOff slots so you can heal fast and get back in.

I have never used this in group End Game stuff so I can't help you there. My guess is a Vor'cha would be better for that....good DPS and Support along with nice hull and turn rate.

Although...I did find this build to be nice for PvE back when I used a Hegh'ta. (this was a long time ago and I like heavy tac skills)

Cm. Tac: Omega 3, Beam Overload 3, Beam Overload 2 and Tac Team 1
LtCm. Tac: High Yield Torp 3, High Yield Torp 2 and Tac Team 1
Lt. Sci: TSS 2 and Tractor 1
Lt. Sci: Hazard 2 and Polarize Hull 1