Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Fleetyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   The One True BoP Guide? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=218669)

Archived Post 06-09-2011 10:16 AM

The One True BoP Guide?

So, the bird can do anything, and be anything, that you want. What are your personal favorite builds for it, or the ones you use most often?

EDIT: Changed the question to something more appropriate.

Given its U-slot capability any BOff loadout is possible, even wierd ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roach (Post 3450693)

lol, you should see my B'rel layout :D

OP: Basicly, what ever you can dream up as a tactic, you can have a go with. It can heal, support or fight, there is no "standard" config for it.

Though, on the other hand, I have seen quite a few dual heavy cannon and torps with turrets at the back set ups, but that is for those looking for high DPS. I have also seen and used some odd ball configs that are made just for fun or to cause chaos.

It will all come down to your own reation times and play style as to how you will end up using one, all I can suggest is just to relax and have fun trying different things, go nuts and try every BOFF skill and equipment load out you can think of ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jockey79 (Post 3454308)
lol, you should see my B'rel layout :D

OP: Basicly, what ever you can dream up as a tactic, you can have a go with. It can heal, support or fight, there is no "standard" config for it.
;)

It has one unique standard, it is squishy under pressure and when alone, if left long enough, it will eventually explode. Learn how to keep that from happening by using resist stacking, Power levels, SP point spendage, etc and design a bird that you like.
It really is designed for Hit, Stick and Run tactics designed really for at least two BoPs.

Find the skills you enjoy using for your bird, Augment them by spending points on your toon to support them, equip your bird to match and enjoy

Yeah the thing is, as much as there might be some standard favorites like a tac commander and sci LTC with PSW, the BOP can do anything you want.

I just got my BOP to Lt Gen and I'm finding out how that works, and I can already see the awesome versatility of it. One choice of BOs gives a solid DPS loadout, another gives a good heal/support capability, and another can give a solid crowd control ability. Learning how to switch between those on the fly, as necessary, seems to be as much a part of an actual "build" of a BOP as a good selection of static officers are part of a build for some other ship class.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roach (Post 3450693)

and for some wierd reason I am happy with this, cookie cutter layouts are boring to me...reminds me of a previous mmo....anyways I am glad for the "wierd ones" adds diversity and conversation.:D

So, clearly the consensus is that the bird can do anything, and be anything, that you want. I probably started out asking the wrong question. Maybe instead: What are your personal favorite builds for it, or the ones you use most often?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
So, clearly the consensus is that the bird can do anything, and be anything, that you want. I probably started out asking the wrong question. Maybe instead: What are your personal favorite builds for it, or the ones you use most often?

The one I use most often is at LG;
COM- THY1 CRF1 BO3 ApO3
LTC- TT1 ApB1 CRF2
LT- PH1 TSS2
LT- ET1 EPTS2

or

COM- THY1 CRF1 BO3 ApO3
LTC- ET1 EPTS2 A2Sif2
LT- PH1 TSS2
LT- TT1 ApB1

or
COM- THY1 CRF1 BO3 ApO3
LTC - PH1 TSS2 PSW1
LT- ET1 EPTS2
LT- TT1 ApB1

All Disruptors (DHC) and a Qauntam launcher in front. Dual Turrets in back.

i am a Tac in a BoP.

Cmdr: HY1,CRF1,HY3,CRF3
Lt-Cmdr: SciTeam1, HazardEmitters2, PhotonicShockWave1
Lt: PolarizeHull 1, TransferShieldStrength 2
Lt: EMPtS 1+2

Front: 3x DHC, 1x Torp
Aft: 2x Turret

All Polaron-Weapons. Torp is a Quantum.

Interesting how much overlap there is between Roach and Gnom's builds. When you can slot any ability, I think it turns out that there is a fairly small set of stuff everyone considers the must have or most useful. I also like how Roach has four BOFFs and three very different setups just by shuffling them around; straight DD, tanking, and sci ganker.