Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   My latest build - The U.S.S. Cannoneer (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=218693)

Archived Post 06-09-2011 10:59 AM

My latest build - The U.S.S. Cannoneer

Made this because I was sick of running arrays like 99% of all other cruisers around. (and picked polaron cause I was sick of shooting phasers, disruptors or Antiproton.

(Yes, I know.. Polaron procs suck.. I dont care.. I still outdamage most other ships :))

Excelsior Refit Class

Tactical Captain

4x Polaron Cannon MK XII [CrtH]
4x Polaron Turret MK XII [CrtH]

(cost me a total of 400k or so)

Assmilated Deflector
Assmilated Engine

Reman Shield (Yes, I know a CovCap x3 is better. I use this because it is pretty.. A womans gotta have style you know)

3x Plasma Infuser MK XI - 1x Field Generator MK XI
1x Assimilated Console - 1x Induction Stabilizer MK XI
3x +26 Polaron MK XI

Tac LtC : TacTeam1 - CRF1 - CRF2 *or* TacTeam1 - CSV1 - CSV2 (for spamclearing)

Eng Cmd : EPW1 - EPS2 - DEM2 - DEM3
Eng Lt : EPW1 - EPS2
Eng En : ETeam1

Sci Lt SciTeam1 - TSS2 *or* HE1+2 (for grinding Kerrat Borg)

;)That is such a fun build. I was thinking about actually going back to it. I was running phasers but the sound was starting to annoy me. Kinda like hail hitting a tin roof. Maybe I will try tetryon. At least the color looks cool. :)

right before the FAW buff i was in the process of assembling everything needed for a build like that, and if they nerf FAW i'm likely to finish. back in the day these cannon excelsior were the top cruiser damage dealers. DEM seems to work MUCH better with cannons too, 2 of those is likely to help quite a bit

by the looks of it, you are overcaping your weapons power by quite a bit, assuming you mean Plasma Distribution Manifold. GOOD! people are in denial that you can even do that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot (Post 3557879)
right before the FAW buff i was in the process of assembling everything needed for a build like that, and if they nerf FAW i'm likely to finish. back in the day these cannon excelsior were the top cruiser damage dealers. DEM seems to work MUCH better with cannons too, 2 of those is likely to help quite a bit

by the looks of it, you are overcaping your weapons power by quite a bit, assuming you mean Plasma Distribution Manifold. GOOD! people are in denial that you can even do that.

Various testing have shown that the hidden cap for weapons is 135.. I havent really tested the numbers, but plan to do so

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelineAaele (Post 3558350)
Various testing have shown that the hidden cap for weapons is 135.. I havent really tested the numbers, but plan to do so

those old tests didn't go for broke with energy levels like i did, they stopped at 135 and figured that was it. check some of the other threads in this section about weapons power and such, this has been a major topic of debate lately. in a nut shell, 125 is the damage multiplier max, but there is no 'usable energy' max. all my cruisers run with about 180 weapons power, and even with 8 beam arrays and FAW i never drop below 100 power.

I'm surprised you didn't pick Tetryon (they must burn through shields with so many chances to proc) or antiproton for the heavier criticals.

My old fleetmates used to run a similar build. Very deadly in the hands of a Tac.

My only question is, do you find yourself in trouble due to only have 1 hull heal (EngTeam)?

Im toying around with a very similar build.
But I must say I truely hate the front single cannons. Dunno why - they just dont feel right.
Perhaps I give an all turret boat a try. Never had one before and I think it could be lot of fun.

My Bo layout is somehting like:

TT1 / RF1 / RF2
TSS1 / HE2
ET1 / DEM1 / DEM2 / Aux2Sif3
ET1 / EPtS2
EPtS1

3 x Borg plus the Reman Shield

All Phasers. Tac Captain.

Needs some more testing

any tac captain running this build doses not need 2 copies of CRF because of tactical initiative. your better off with APO 1 to boost damage. even though its cooldown can be long, it gets cut in half too with tactical infinitive. an engineer would be better off running 2 CRF though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot (Post 3558607)
those old tests didn't go for broke with energy levels like i did, they stopped at 135 and figured that was it. check some of the other threads in this section about weapons power and such, this has been a major topic of debate lately. in a nut shell, 125 is the damage multiplier max, but there is no 'usable energy' max. all my cruisers run with about 180 weapons power, and even with 8 beam arrays and FAW i never drop below 100 power.

Well..

I changed the setup to stop at 135 weaponspower, and see no drop in weapon power, as opposed to the above listed build.

Build Changes

2x Polaron Cannon MK XII [Acc][CrtD]
1x Polaron Cannon MK XII [Dmg] x2
1x Polaron Cannon MK XII [CrtH]

1x MK XII EPS - 1x Pha/Dis Armor MK XII - 1x All Energy Armor MK XII - 1x Field Generator MK XI (have alternates for the Pha/Dis armor)

Power

95-55-25-25

Weapons are steady at around 100 power.